Baristas have a tough gig—there are the early hours, the being nice to everyone, the standing on your feet, and the making of what we can only refer to as crimes against coffee. But hey, someone’s gotta to do it. We’re pretty much indebted to them for the coffee they’ve provided over the years.
So, we joined forces with Dare Coffee Co. (AKA the coffee experts) to help make baristas everwhere's life that bit easier. Just because we’re good like that, you know?!
Posted by The Urban List | Sydney on Monday, March 5, 2018
Are you guilty? Keep reading to find out.
- “Long black, extra hot!” Sorry, but long blacks are literally coffee and boiling water, they don’t come much hotter
- ...unless you're crazy about burnt coffee?
- Please, please, puh-lease stop saying expresso
- Say it with us now: there is no x in espresso. And repeat...
- Same goes for cappuccino, it’s not “cup of chino”
- Like, how did cup of chino become a thing?
- Ordering while also talking on the phone—so much no
- Add in sunglasses on and headphones and it's even more no's from us
- Being rude because you haven’t had your coffee yet is actually the worst
- Staring while we make your order won’t actually speed things up (gasp!)
- Saying thank you never hurts—in fact, it goes a long way
- When we say, “how’s your day going?” the response we’re after isn’t “large flat white”
- Ordering a decaf coffee with “mylk”—why are you even here?!
- We probably won’t comment on how good your matcha long black on soy milk (extra hot) sounds, soz
- We don’t do free refills either (no, not even if you ask nicely)
- Coffee in a mug, really?
- Decaf, are you sure?!
Hit a little too close to home? Us, too. That's why we teamed up with Dare Coffee Co. to produce this list of #truths—because they're all about seriously good coffee, and they've just released their new Dare Cold Pressed which we could have sworn came straight from our barista!
Editor's note: this article was produced in partnership with Dare Coffee Co. Thank you for supporting the sponsors who make The Urban List possible. To read our editorial policy, click here.