The slow cooker could be your best friend over the isolation period, in the same way it's already your best friend over winter. And to make the most of it, you're going to need some excellent slow cooker recipes.
Cooking with a slow cooker is the ultimate minimum effort, maximum reward meal preparation. And chances are you're going to have plenty of leftovers to throw in the freezer for a later date once you've cooked up one of these.
There are a serious amount of slow cooker recipes out there, with a myriad of different ingredients to add, we'll break them down into categories to make it a bit easier for you.
Lamb Slow Cooker Recipes
There are plenty of cuts of lamb that work beautifully in a slow cooker. Have a chat to your local butcher about the best cuts they have available.
Cuts of lamb best for the slow cooker
- Boneless shoulder
- Boneless forequarter
- Leg of lamb
- Lamb neck
- Slow-cooked lamb with garlic and rosemary from Donna Hay.
- Greek boneless leg of lamb from The Mediterranean Dish.
- Shredded lamb shoulder from Good Housekeeping.
Vegetarian Slow Cooker Recipes
Slow cookers aren't just for cooking a cut of meat for a seriously long amount of time, vegetables also lend themselves well to slow cooking. Especially winter veggies.
The best Vegetables For Slow Cooking
- Slow cooker mac 'n' cheese from Australia's Best Recipes.
- Slow-cooked minestrone soup from Little Spice Jar.
- Slow cooker spinach and ricotta lasagne from Kristine's Kitchen.
Beef Slow Cooker Recipes
Beef is a great meat to slow cook. Just set and forget. It's so versatile you'll have it in everything from a soup, to a curry, to it being served on its own.
Cuts Of Beef Best For The Slow Cooker
- Chuck steak
- Round steak
- Gravy beef
- Slow cook beef cheeks in red wine from Australia's Best Recipes.
- Slow cooker beef stew from Damn Delicious.
- Slow cooker beef Bourguignon from The Recipe Critic.
Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes
Usually, you're looking at red meat to add to your slow cooker, but chicken is just as good over a good 8-hour burst.
Cuts Of Chicken Best For The Slow Cooker
- Whole chicken
- Slow cooker honey ginger chicken from Australia's Best Recipes.
- Slow cooker chicken cacciatore from Delish.
- Slow cooker butter chicken from Allrecipes.
Pork Slow Cooker Recipes
A go-to meat for many when it comes to slow cooking, pork is a very versatile meat that is great on its own or as part of a sandwich or taco.
Cuts Of Pork Best For The Slow Cooker
- Pork shoulder
- Forequarter chops
- Pork neck
- Bone-in roast
- Slow cooker pulled pork from Australia's Best Recipes.
- Slow cooker honey ginger lime pork from The Recipe Critic.
- Slow cooker coconut pork curry from Food & Wine.
Hopefully, these fill your stomach and your fridge for weeks to come. But if you need more great things to cook, check out our Recipes section.
Image credit: Xavier Crook