Here's a recipe that solves a couple of problems. One is that you're stuck at home and need something to do. Two that it calms the travel bug given we're about to talk about Disney World's cookie fries.
No trip to a Disney World anywhere around the globe is complete without eating a ridiculous amount of the over the top food available at the park—and the cookie fries are a must.
This recipe is totally plant-based, so everyone can get stuck into it. It was originally featured on the Disney Parks blog.
The cookie fries are served with three dipping sauces, chocolate, strawberry, and marshmallow cream. Here's how to make them.
- Electric mixer with paddle attachment
- Mixing bowls
- Wooden spoon
- Square baking pan
- Silicone baking mat (optional)
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup plus one tablespoon plant-based margarine, softened
- 7 tablespoons warm water
- 5 tablespoons liquid egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 cup dairy-free mini chocolate chips
- Combine flour, powdered sugar, and plant-based margarine in bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed until smooth.
- In a small bowl, combine warm water and egg substitute. Add egg substitute and molasses to the mixer. Mix on medium speed until smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Place in an 8×8-inch pan and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Cut into 32 strips that are 1/4-inch wide and 4 inches long. Place 16 strips on each baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, until crunchy.
- Serve with your favourite plant-based chocolate, strawberry, and marshmallow dipping sauces.
For more great things to cook at home, hit up our Recipes section.
Image credit: Disney World blog
Editor's note: Urban List editors independently select and write about stuff we love and think you'll like too. Urban List has affiliate partnerships, so we get revenue from your purchase.