Summer is for entertaining, but who wants to be stuck in the kitchen prepping when you could be outside enjoying a balmy evening with your friends and a couple of cocktails?
Not us. That's why we've teamed up with Airgarden and Lucy Tweed, the brain behind Every Night Of The Week to bring you a ridiculously easy—but incredibly impressive—grilled prawn with salsa verde recipe.
You can make the salsa verde ahead, and if you're lucky enough to have an Airgarden or your own veggie patch, you won't even need to hit the supermarket to prep it; all the ingredients will be at your fingertips. All you need to do is source some beautiful Aussie prawns and you're set.
If you're not yet acquainted with Airgarden, let us fill you in. Perfect for apartment dwellers or those who prefer not to get their hands dirty, the Airgarden uses seriously cool technology developed by NASA, paired with a vertical design that allows you to grow up to 30 plants in less than one square metre. All you need is a source of sunshine, and you're set. Plus, there's no soil and no need for constant watering thanks to that innovative NASA technology. All you need is five minutes a day and your garden will be thriving in no time.
Once you've got herbs coming out of your ears, it's time to make that salsa verde.
Grilled Prawns With Salsa Verde
For The Prawns
- 12 large green prawns, shelled, tails left on, skewered through the tail.
- Olive oil for brushing
For The Salsa Verde
- 1/4 cup of leaves from each: mint, parsley, dill
- 1/2 bunch of lemon thyme: leaves only if the stalk is tough 15 chives or so
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded, flesh diced chopped
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 French shallot, peeled, roughly chopped 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1/2 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 anchovies
- 1/2 tablespoon baby capers 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat a grill plate or BBQ to high.
- Brush prawns with oil.
- Grill for one minute a side until just opaque; cooked, but tender.
- Meanwhile, place all the salsa verde ingredients into a small food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Serve the prawns hot with a big drizzle of salsa verde and extra on the side along with aioli and lemon wedges to squeeze.
Pro tip: Keep all herb stalks for pestos, marinades, chopped up finely in salads or sautéed at the start of pasta sauces.
After more tasty eats? Check out our recipes hub.
Image Credit: Every Night Of The Week