After being stuck inside for a good portion of the year, one thing you might not need more of is chocolate, but hear us out.
The new range celebrates classic Australian desserts with a Koko Black twist and is an 'optimistic reminder to Australians of the good times past, as well as the good times still ahead.'
"Every single person has memories they can look back to as the ‘good old days’—where milk bars were on every corner, and where summers were filled with memories of birthday parties, fetes and trips to the tuckshop.
"We want our Australian Classics Collection to reinvent these moments in a contemporary way, making people feel those fond Australian memories are here. That the golden days are now, and that you’re never too old to feel young again,” said Koko Black's head chocolatier and product innovation manager, Remco Brigou.
Here's what you'll find in the collection:
- Gaytime Goldies | A take on the iconic Golden Gaytime ice cream. Vanilla and malted
caramel ganache, dipped in dark chocolate and sprinkled with hazelnuts.
- Koko Vovo | A beefed-up version of the Iced Vovo. Milk chocolate coated biscuit topped with strawberry rosewater marshmallow, raspberry jelly and coconut.
- Jam Wagons | The ideal purchased on a stop by the milk bar was a Wagon Wheel. Crumbly biscuit batons topped with marshmallow and raspberry jam coated in milk chocolate.
- Honey Joys | No birthday party is complete without them. Crunchy cornflakes and sticky honey, mixed in creamy milk chocolate or decadent dark chocolate.
- Koko Crackles | Another one that is expected on the birthday party table. Crispy rice bubbles with caramelised coconut and white chocolate, dipped in dark chocolate.
- Lamington Slice | Dreamy, chocolate marshmallow and raspberry jelly,
dipped in dark chocolates and dusted with coconut.
- The Ultimate Classic Collection Hamper | A collection of all of the above boxed up. The perfect gift.
Image credit: supplied
Editor's note: Urban List editors independently select and write about stuff we love and think you'll like too. Urban List has affiliate partnerships, so we get revenue from your purchase.