Laksa is easily one of the greatest dishes ever made; the combo of spicy, hot, and sweet is an all-out assault on the senses, and the perfect dish for chowing down come rain, hail, or shine!
Serving up the hottest food trends from S.E Asia, we’ve teamed up with the crew at PappaRich to share their top secret recipes (and a few tricks of the trade!) to bring you your very own step-by-step PappaRich cooking class, coming at you from your sofa.
So let’s roll up those sleeves and get right to it; here’s how to make a killer Laksa to wow your pals.
N.B—For this recipe we’re using PappaRich’s home made Laksa seasoning. You can buy authentic Laksa paste from all good Asian grocer stockists (I mean, who has the time to make their own?).
How To Make A Killer Laksa
What you’ll need:
500ml Chicken Stock
100ml Curry Paste
80gm Rock Sugar
230ml Coconut Milk
2 Tablespoons Oil
2 Pieces Lemongrass
4 Pieces Pandan Leaves
1 Bunch Vietnamese Mint
1 Bunch Curry Leaves
40gm Curry Powder
Tofu Puffs, chicken slices, fish cakes, bean sprouts, eggplants, shallots, Vietnamese mint leaves and vermicelli noodles
Pieces of eggplant
Vietnamese mint leaves
Let’s make laksa!
1. Oil your pan
2. Once your oil is hot, add in the belacan, curry powder, laksa seasoning, lemongrass and Thai basil
3. Cook for 5 mins until the paste is fragrant and the leaves have wilted. Set aside.
4. Pour your stock into a saucepan, throw in the mint leaves and bring to the boil
5. Allow to simmer for 2 minutes
6. Throw in rock sugar
7. Pour in your curry mixture and give it a good stir!
8. Add in a pandan leaf, coconut milk and coconut cream, and stir some more.
9. Now for the best bit; plating up!
10. Put tofu pillows, bamboo shoots and chopped chilli in a bowl, then spoon over your laksa soup mix.
11. Ta da! Laksa is served
But, let's be real, if you don't have time just head to PappaRich and let their chefs do all the work for you.
Win A Trip To Malaysia!
We've teamed up with PappaRich to give away a trip to Malaysia. Bring on temples, beaches, laksa and cocktails.
Editor's note: This article is proudly sponsored by PappaRich and endorsed by The Urban List. Thank you for supporting the sponsors who make The Urban List possible. Click here for more information on our editorial policy. For full TCs click here.