Oz and NZ, we’re a thing. We’re family. Siblings. But sometimes families fight—especially when there’s a big golden trophy at stake. And here’s a simple truth: when you’re the younger, smaller sibling you fight that much harder because you have to. On Sunday morning we’ll be doing it again as the All Blacks and Wallabies compete for the Rugby World Cup, and we’re pretty confident we’re gonna smash them.
Funny fulla’s Short and Wide couldn’t agree more, and gave us ten reasons why:
- We don’t eat our native animal.
- We have King Richie—the most capped player in the history of the world. All hail!
- We have the best first five, Dan Carter (who also just happens to be an international underwear model).
- We’re not just better than everyone else, we’re more important. We are what other nations aspire to. And that’s according to ESPN.
- Prince Harry, David Hasselhoff, Robbie Williams and The Rock are all backing black.
- The haka vs. Waltzing Matilda. Need we say more?
- Even the Wallabies ex-coach thinks the ABs will win…and if he can’t back his team, who the hell can?
- Five players in the team have played more than 100 tests each…and you just can’t beat experience.
- Black is more flattering than green and yellow (or is it meant to be gold?)
- We have a Prime Minister who gets on the piss with the players AND he knows how to do a three-way handshake (as he proved at the last World Cup.)
Image credit: The All Blacks via Facebook