When The Bachelor NZ finale screened on Monday night, the drama was over—or so we thought. Jordan confessed his feelings for Fleur, Naz was left with an influx of Instagram followers and everyone lived happily every after…or at least until the next day.
Shit hit the fan—and continues to hit the fan—as a whole lot of ridiculousness unfolds. To summarise the madness, we’ve complied ten things that have happened since the finale—consider it a Bachelor 101. Keep this list handy and you’ll never be short of material for your next water cooler conversation.
1. The ladies congregate for the filming of The Bachelor NZ’s Women Tell All. Naz swears (lots), Kate remains the coolest chick out, Jordan remains the most boring dude out and Fleur—bless her heart—is all sorts of lovely.
2. At a press conference, Fleur confirms she’s moving to Auckland so she and Jordan can begin their relationship together. She says the last time she saw Jords was a few weeks ago and she’s “really looking forward to seeing him”. Little does she know what the next day holds for her…
3. Naz spills the beans about went down on the show’s overnight stay. In a radio interview with The Edge a listener phones up and asks, “Was Jordan a good shag?” Naz replies with “Oh, hell yeah, confirming she had sex with him on the overnight stay. Our hearts break for Fleur.
4. Season one contestant Alysha speaks out about woman who kiss and tell. She preaches about being a good role model for the “impressionable young girls following your moves, emulating your behaviour and attitude”. Hear hear. Because multiple girls competing for one guy on national TV is something we all want our daughters to aspire to.
5. George FM’s Thane Kirby crosses the line in a radio interview with Naz. He asks if Jordan is well hung, good in bed and whether she has an orgasm. The interview is filmed and the cameraman zooms in on Naz’s chest. It’s bad taste. The nation is less than impressed—and rightfully so.
6. On Wednesday Jordan visits Fleur in her Auckland hotel room and ends their short-lived relationship. She spends the rest of the day crying and is left to let everyone know alone in an interview on Story while Jords goes AWOL. His classlessness astounds everyone.
7. Naz posts a quote to Facebook saying: “Stop explaining yourself and telling people everything. You owe no one any explanation of what you do. Your life is yours, not theirs.” Ummm…ok, Naz.
8. Naz’s ex-boyfriend Jordan Reid shares screenshots from a Facebook conversation he had with Naz after the show. Naz says things such as “I wasn’t that into him”, “we never slept together” and that Jordan has “contacted me wanting to see me because he’s f***** up”. We don’t know what to believe.
9. Erin (the season’s bronze medallist—if that’s a thing) posts this cute pic with the caption: “sending lots of love out to my girl Fleur”.
10. Jordan breaks his silence on why he dumped our girl Fleur. In a statement released this morning he says: “After a long absence and only seeing her for the first time onstage, I knew something was amiss. After an exhausting schedule of media commitments and the dust settled, I knew I was being dishonest to Fleur and myself. It is only fair Fleur is with someone who can give her the best and give her the commitment and love she deserves.”
We wish everyone the very best. But can the drama please be over now?
Check out all our Bachie-related articles here.
Image credit: TV3