It’s February, which means it’s officially the month that celebrates luuurve. Okay, maybe not, but it is the month that contains Valentine’s Day, plus, there’s no harm in spending time with bae. So, in the spirit of romance and in the spirit of spending time with loved ones we have got some ideas to up your dating game!
Here’s every date you should have this February!
1. Have a non-awkward gallery date by visiting some of the interactive exhibitions. Jae Kang’s ‘Knot Touch’ at the Maritime Museum and Yayoi Kusama’s The Obliteration Room at The Auckland Art Gallery both, thankfully, invite audience participation so you won't be left with silent room chit-chat.
2. Bond by listening to an album you both like, then go to a see it performed live together (if it’s worth the investment).
3. Get #fitspo this month and check out some of the incredible waterfalls close to Auckland. A magical fall could just entice a movie moment.
4. Have a late-night dessert date at one Auckland's best spots. Pick from Miann, Milse, Giapo or The Fed and at least the dessert can’t go wrong.
5. What’s better than a movie date at the Outdoor Cinema? Screenings are running all summer long at Western Springs Park. You can snuggle up under the stars on rented bean bags - compatibility can be tested based on film feedback.
6. Feelin’ like getting out and about? Rent a tandem bike and cycle along Mission Bay, reward yourselves with fish on chips on the beach afterwards!
7. Go to a cool party. Splore Festival is on in February and it's a line up you don't want to miss. Dizzee Rascal, Chronixx and Ria Hall are just some of the musicians performing. If your dates not going well, at least the music will be.
8. If you both like a bit of culture, then go see a live Shakespearean performance at the much-loved Pop-Up Globe. This season has productions of Midsummer Night’s Dream, The Merchant of Venice, Macbeth, The Comedy of Errors and Julius Caesar.
9. Have a picnic at one of Auckland’s best picnic spots! Cornwall Park is a fave, wander the pretty grounds and head to the cafe for a drink.
11. Take a stand-up paddleboard lesson together at Mission Bay and test your balance and your compatibility.
12 Want things to get a little... saucy? Meatstock could be for you. The carnival for carnivores is back this February and celebrates all things BBQ. Top chefs and pit-masters fly in for the festival, which offers all the brisket and burgers you can handle. This date is not for the dainty and BYO face wipes.
13. Have a summery day date at the Takapuna Food, Wine and Music Festival. The acts include the likes of Sneaky Sound System and The Jordan Luck Band, so, you can check out each other's dance moves. Food options include Double Dutch Fries, Wise Boys Burgers and Napoli Central—a cute picnic is guaranteed.
14. Spend a wonderful day in Waiheke. Grab a gelato and hop on the ferry! Wander the local market, walk the sandy shores of Onetangi beach and then go for a fancy dinner at The Oyster Inn (note: must be able to last at least 18+ hours with date).
15. Wander the La Cigale Market. All the mouth-watering pastries will make you think you're in France…and everyone looks hotter in France.
- 50 Dates In Auckland For Less Than $50
- 15 Tips For Surviving Your First Tinder Date
- 17 Date Ideas You Haven't Thought Of
Image Credit: The Notebook