Summer: the season we love to love when it’s not here. At the start we all be like: “Ooh yeah, this is so good, can’t wait to be at the beach EVERY. DAMN. WEEKEND.” Then, by the time autumn hits, we’re scurrying to and fro between shady spots like some Vampire Diaries Does The Tropics extras. (Worst spin-off ever?)
Not to be spiteful, but we want to make it clear that our most loved/loathed season should stay away for at least nine months, so here are 15 reasons we are stoked to see the back of summer.
1. Remember THAT heat wave?
2. No more “I’m so burnt my blisters have blisters”.
3. This won’t happen to our make-up anymore.
4. We won’t have to get dressed for two climates (icy cold air-con + fiery inferno) when getting ready for work.
5. Catch ya later, permanent frizz ‘do.
6. Go fug yourself, sweat. We’re for more temperate autumn days.
7. No more dudes walking around in Speedos—ugh.
8. We tell ourselves we’ll do way more exercise in the morning because it won’t be edging 50°C by 5am.
9. No more worrying about the “perfect beach body”, whatever that means…
10. We’ll take our waxer’s number off speed-dial (although maybe we shouldn’t).
11. All the world’s sucky creatures (read: mosquitoes) may stop using us as their version of a fast-food joint. Fingers crossed.
12. Sweaty cuddles be gone!
13. The surf won’t be a choppy mess every afternoon after we finish work. Hello, westerlies!
14. You can get into the car without your hands melting off, or feeling like you are going to implode.
15. Cooler weather = legitimate excuse to stay in the house and catch up on all that Netflix we missed while we were being beach bums.
Make the most of the cooler weather and check out Your Autumn Auckland Bucket List.
Image credit: Metropolist