Summer! Thank you, yet again, for waltzing into our lives just when we needed you most. It’s about time we slooowed the heck down and gave ourselves a bit of TLC. While you might be tempted to party away your summer, there’s a handful of things you could do to Change. Your. Life. Yep, you could welcome 2017 as a whole new person—the version of yourself you’ve always wanted to be but haven’t found the time to make it happen.
Whether you’re looking to reinvent yo’self or to make a few changes for the better, here are 20 ways to change your life this summer. Go get ‘em.
- Air out your house. Open those windows and let the musky scent of winter be whisked away.
- Say ‘hasta la vista, baby’ to social media. Unplug for a week or two and your life will change forever: fact.
- Lock in a sweet internship. Uni is nothing like the real world and summer work experience is one of the best decisions you’ll make for your future career.
- Clear out your shit. That tatty jumper, that dress with holes in it. Yeah, you don’t need those.
- Same goes for people. If they’re ruining your mojo, give them the flick.
- Explore! Make the most of this beautiful country we call home and go experience it.
- Hiking will help you achieve the above.
- Hiking will also help you get fit, fill your lungs with fresh air and get a sunkissed glow (wear sunblock, kids). Hurrah!
- Do something you’ve never done before. Like bungy jumping or making homemade ice block cocktails.
- Upskill like a boss. Learn the guitar or join a roller derby crew. BYO shin pads.
- Read a damn book! If you STILL haven’t read one since 2003, you’re doing something wrong.
- Avoid the whole summer = sleep ‘til noon thing. Over sleeping will make you feel like shite.
- Do some volunteer work, get involved with a charity or just remember to be kind. It’s not all about you, you know.
- Finally allow yourself to feel. Work/uni/life pressures probably forced to you keep all emotions locked up inside. Summer is a great time to let them free.
- Say no to stuff. Just because you’re on holiday doesn’t mean you have to fill it doing stuff you don’t want to do with people you don’t really like.
- As a result, you’ll have more time to spend with the ones you love. Winning!
- But say yes to stuff, too! Like the below.
- Change your hair. Chop it off, go blonde or embrace the rainbow hair trend.
- Eat as many real fruit ice creams as humanely possible. It’s good for the soul (not so much the body).
- Do absolutely nothing. Some of you are going to be so zonked (damn you, burnout!), it’s probably best that you lay low and recharge for a while.
- 20 Things To Do When You’ve Run Out Of Things To Do
- 50 Outdoor Adventures To Have This Summer
- Where To Lunch By The Ocean
Image credit: Daniel Hine