So, you’re off on (yet another) business trip. Kiss your partner and beloved daily routine goodbye as you brace yourself for ALL the meetings. Ugh. But it doesn’t have to be all doom and gloom. There are plenty of ways to turn your business trip into a luxe holiday—21 ways, to be exact!
To help show you the way, we’ve teamed up with Wellington’s luxury hotel, Sofitel. Recently reopening, the five-star accommodation showcases meeting rooms, super fast internet and—most importantly—totally luxe rooms for you to kick back and relaaax.
Here’s how to live it up large on your next work trip. Because, let’s be honest, sometimes it’s good not to be home!
- First things first, there’s an unwritten rule to eat breakfast in bed.
- Double points if you don your fluffy white robe (and slippers!) while doing so.
- Then ease into the day with a nice, looong shower.
- Followed by a blow wave, of course.
- Take business calls in your robe. Face mask mandatory.
- Be sure to order room service at least once a day.
- Devour everything from sliders and arancini to club sammies and pizza. Calories don’t count when you’re traveling.
- Finish your in-room feast off with brûlée and cheeses. Go hard or go home, right?
- Don’t stop there! Eat and drink your way through the mini bar.
- Allow yourself time to explore the city you’re in. Check out the local foodie scene.
- Tough morning? It’s totally acceptable to take a nap between meetings.
- Ditch the meeting room in favour of the on-site bar.
- While you’re at it, swap your daily coffee for an espresso martini. It’s basically just a strong coffee anyway.
- Make the most of meeting new people—said espresso martinis in hand, of course.
- Treat your clients to a three-course dinner (with matching wine) at the on-site restaurant. Claim it as a “business expense”.
- Recover from your food coma in your room upstairs—your commute is just an elevator ride.
- And when it comes to bedtime, make sure you’re peeerfectly cosy thanks to the pillow menu.
- Surrounded by ALL the pillows, sprawl in the middle of the bed.
- Watch movies until the wee hours.
- Repeat #7.
- Treat yo’self to a well-deserved sleep-in.
Editor’s note: This article is proudly sponsored by Sofitel Wellington and endorsed by The Urban List. Thank you for supporting the sponsors who make The Urban List possible. Click here for more information on our editorial policy.
Image credit: Supplied