Parents, grandparents and other people's parents can be absolute gems sometimes. Enjoy being young! Travel! Save more! The advice and questions are endless. And more often than not, completely annoying. Thanks Mum, you're a peach. Here are 24 things Gen Y folk are sick of hearing.
1. You’re so young! You don’t need to worry about money.
2. Jenny from bowls has a nephew who’s 23 and he owns 4.5 properties.
3. No need to settle down right now. You’re still so young!
4. When are you going to settle down?
5. Why don’t have you have savings?
6. When will you be moving out?
7. Do you have enough for a deposit yet?
8. Your generation is so entitled.
9. I was married when I was your age. And we owned a home.
10. I'd had your sister and you by the time I was your age.
11. What are you going to do with your Arts degree?
12. Do you think you’ll be able to get a job?
13. Jenny from bowls has a niece who got a graduate job at a top firm, before she even graduated.
14. Gosh, you’ve been at university for a long time.
15. Do you have a boyfriend yet?
16. Gosh you date a lot. Why can’t you just settle down?
17. Why does your generation feel the need to find partners online?
18. Why can’t you just meet people the normal way?
19. Travel the world! Do it while you’re still young.
20. Why haven’t you saved more?
21. When are you going to settle down and get a job?
22. When are you going to find a ‘nice’ boy.
23. Jenny from bowls has a son. He’s single.
24. I gave Jenny from bowls your number. Her son is very attractive. And he's a doctor.
Image credit: Via Pinterest