With eateries galore, beaches on our doorstep and burgers to blow your mind, Auckland is called home by more than one million people.
If you ever needed a reason not to leave our beloved haven, look no further, we have thirty.
- Where else are you going to get your Nutella, doughnut milkshake and mac’n’cheese burger fix from?! Al’s Deli, we’re looking at you.
- You still haven’t worked your way through the cocktail menu at Bedford.
- Or tried all the different gins at The Gin Room.
- The markets. La Cigale, Hobsonville and Avondale...just to name a few.
- Auckland is home to 48 different volcanoes. Beat that, suckers!
- You won’t get as many Insta-worthy food snaps anywhere else.
- You're always kept on your toes on the weather front. Auckland, you tease.
- There’s never a dull moment in the city when you’ve got the likes of Bitchin’ Bingo, The Comedy Club and Karaoke bars galore on your doorstep.
- Where else can you get your dumpling fix from? Dominion Road, marry me!
- Have you ever seen the sunset at Bastion Point?!
- Waiheke, Rangitoto, Piha and Bethells are all on Auckland’s doorstep. Aren’t we lucky?
- You still haven’t met Lorde.
- Or the entire cast of Shortland Street yet.
- Not showing off or anything but Auckland is the world’s largest Polynesian city.
- And to top it off, Auckland was voted number three (in the world!) for quality of life.
- You still haven’t successfully eaten a whole Toto’s pizza to yourself.
- It’s got more people than the entire South Island put together?! You do the math…
- You’re never too far from the sea.
- Where else can you get your White Lady, grease fix after a night on the town?
- You can have a chill day sipping on a flat white at Fred’s and an adrenaline-fuelled day the next, jumping off the Harbour Bridge.
- You can be a vegan one day at Kokako and a meat-loving fiend the next at Miss Moonshine's.
- Auckland is a mecca for all things fashion, with the likes of Ponsonby, Britomart and K’road tempting our purses at all times.
- Auckland is an eclectic haven, from festivals in the CBD, to hidden bars in the suburbs.
- In only 45-minutes you can be relaxing on a remote beach.
- Auckland has 265 days of sunshine a year. Not bad, not bad at all.
- You can be lucky enough to enjoy city life and breathtaking nature all in one place.
- Your bucket things of places to eat at will last until you are ninety years old.
- Auckland is home to some of the best burgers in the world. Fact.
- You can act globally yet live locally.
- We have The Urban List.
Speaking on Auckland, New Zealand and all things great, check out 20 Things That Happen When You Move To New Zealand.
Image credit: Backpacker Guide