We just love Auckland—we can’t say it enough—and, with the weather warming up, it’s time to get outdoors and explore what central Auckland has to offer.
Whether it’s on your lunch break or a weekend in the inner-city ‘burbs, here are 30 things to do in Central Auckland.
1. Charter a yacht and go for a sail along Waitemata Harbour.
2. Try Stand up Paddle Boarding at Mission Bay.
3. Face your fears and jump off the Sky Tower with the Skyjump.
4. If jumping isn’t your cuppa’ tea then opt for the Skywalk instead.
5. Be catapulted into the air in the Sky Screamer on Victoria Street.
6. Sip on some Ostro Spritz’ and nab a seat on the outdoor tables at Ostro.
7. Kayak to Rangitoto Island and watch the sunset.
8. Go for a bike ride or walk along the pink cycle path.
9. Grab an Almond Latte from Odette’s at Cityworks Depot.
10. While you’re at it, try the teriyaki salmon pieces from &Sushi.
11. Get your clothing fix at Topshop on Queen Street.
12. If you’re more of a vintage lover, try Tatty’s on Ponsonby Road or High Street.
13. Sweat out your sins with a hot vinyasa class at Studio Red.
14. For good vibes, take your date for dumplings at Lucky Lucky Dumplings.
15. If the date is going well, head to Golden Dawn for a drink and perhaps some live music.
16. If a wild night is on the cards check out some classic bangers performed by a live band at Danny Doolan’s.
17. Try your hand at being a comedian with open mic night at The Classic.
18. Keep your finger on the pulse with events happening on the reg down at Queen’s Wharf.
19. Show your appreciation to New Zealand sport and watch a rugby game at Eden Park.
20. Make some friends down at the Huffer store in Britomart and have a cuppa’ jo with their Free Coffee Friday.
21. Tickle your tastebuds with some Margarita’s from Mexico.
22. Join the adidas RunClub, which kicks off every Tuesday at 6pm from Platinum Sports Co.
23. Check out what’s happening at the Auckland Art Gallery (we have our eye on the Salsa demonstration).
24. Bask in the sunlight and have lunch on the beanbags down in Takutai Square.
25. Volunteer to plant some vege’s at the community garden at Wynyard Quarter.
26. Treat yourself to a meringue at Britomart’s City Farmers markets every Sunday.
27. Come the summer months, watch some outdoor movies at Silo Park Cinema.
28. Up your beer knowledge with some pints at Brother’s Brewery in City Works Depot.
29. Watch the sunset on top of Mt Eden, pack a picnic and sit back and enjoy the evening.
30. Order fish and chips from FishSmith, then take it to Sentinel Beach for a classic kiwi evening.
Need more? Here's 50 Things You Should Have Done If You Live In Auckland
Image credit: Travel Nation