Helloooo, 2017! How nice of you to grace us with your presence. There have been a couple of changes this year (cough, cough, Trump), but nothing is going to stop us from having a truly amazeballs 2017.
To help get things rolling, we’ve found a couple of things to chuck on your bucket list. Be it chowing down on a doughnut burger (yes, it exists) or finally getting that tattoo, here are 30 things you need to do in Auckland in 2017.
- A bar WITH a bowling alley?! Uh huh, Dr Rudi’s is a total game-changer and you’re going to wanna check it out.
- Experience the taste sensation that is White + Wong’s. Order the roti rolls, dumplings and pork belly bao. Thank us later.
- Take the plunge and discover the best swimming holes in and around Auckland. Preferably during summer…
- Take to the skies and walk around (or jump off) the Sky Tower. Make this the year that you actually do it.
- Experience the wondrous creation that is an Oreo Creme Egg. It’d be rude not to.
- Get your skates on and rollerblade along Tamaki Drive then treat yo’self to fish n’ chips at Mission Bay.
- Calories? Pffffft. You deserve this doughnut burger.
- Boogie your butt off at Ponsonby Social Club. It’s an oldie but a goodie.
- Leave your stomping ground and explore some other parts of A-town for once. We’ve got the best things to do in North, South, East and West.
- While you’re at it, visit the best cafes and restaurants in North, South, East and West.
- Finally use that tent that’s been collecting dust under your bed and camp at some of these epic spots.
- Get your A into G with these oh-so hard-core exercise challenges.
- Have a special someone who you want to spend the rest of your days with? Shucks. Put a ring on it at one of these spots.
- Or finally find a hot date. Here’s how.
- Love dessert? Samesies! Here are 50 of Auckland’s best to try.
- Go on a bike pub crawl because why the heck not?
- Adequately prepare for winter. Let 2017 be the year you don’t freeze your tits off.
- Think you’ve done everything there is to do in Auckland? Think again! Bet you haven’t tried these.
- Bite the bullet and get that tattoo you’ve been meaning to for, like, seven years. You’ll be in good hands at these studios.
- Who doesn’t love a food challenge? See how you fare with Auckland’s spiciest dishes.
- Turning the big 3.0 this year? Well, here are all the things you should do before it happens.
- Eat all these breakfasts. ALL of them. No excuses.
- If, like us, you’re trying to save a few dollies but also really, really love food, then this is the list for you. You’re welcome.
- Stop pissing your barista off. Seriously. Here are 12 things your barista wishes you’d stop doing.
- Do your lovely ol’ rents a fave and move the heck out of home. Auckland rent may be expensy but they want some space.
- Speaking of, try and move without crying or killing anyone.
- Be the perfect diner and stop doing these annoying things. Seriously, here are 32 things your waiter/waitress wishes you would stop doing.
- Hate getting booty bumped in the club? Say no to another night out and spend your Saturdays on the comforts of your couch.
- Find the right exercise for your star sign. If you’re a Gemini trying to become a yogi, you might be on the wrong track.
- Fully embrace your singledom and work your way through this handy dandy list. Your life will change.
- 50 Things You Should Have Done If You Live In Auckland
- 25 Things Aucklanders Have To Explain To Out-Of-Towners
- 10 Hobbies To Start In 2017
Image credit: Bob McCree