Whoever said Paris was the city of love has clearly never visited Auckland. Whether you’re looking to impress your Tinderella or you’re planning to pop the question, there’s no shortage of romance in this city of ours. Here are our picks for the most romantic things to do in Auckland—tried, tested and cuddle-guaranteed!
1. Love is in the (open) air at Silo Cinema. Pack a blanket and snuggle up under the stars.
2. Alternatively head to one of the Movies in Parks screenings.
4. Want an excuse to hold their hand? Take them on the Fear Fall at Rainbow’s End.
5. Snuggle up in a booth at Everybody’s.
6. Enjoy a picnic on the slopes of One Tree Hill (or any one of Auckland’s 50-odd volcanoes).
7. Try your luck at getting a table at Milse.
8. Couples that play together, stay together. Head to your nearest TimeZone arcade and win bae a teddy bear.
9. Indulge in a spa treatment for two at East Day Spa. Umm… yes please.
10. Work your way through the cocktail menu at Bedford Soda & Liquor.
11. Be oh-so-fancy with high tea for two at Hotel DeBrett.
12. Book a hotel room here.
13. Gaze into each other’s eyes over a candlelit dinner in Cable Bay’s underground wine cellar.
14. Wander through Eden Garden with your gal (or guy).
15. Alternatively head to the Wintergardens in the Domain.
16. Otherwise there’s the Parnell Rose Gardens.
17. There’s nothing more romantic than sleeping under the stars. Pitch your tent on the waterfront at Whangateau Holiday Park.
18. Glamping more your thing? Book at night at Wainamu Luxury Tents at Bethells Beach.
19. Wine and dine your lover at Regatta Bar & Eatery. Say “yes” to dessert. You can thank us later.
20. Make like Arthur Green and surprise shawty with a scenic flight over the Hauraki Gulf.
21. Get amongst Mother Nature together. We suggest you try one of these hikes.
22. Watch the sun set from Muriwai Beach.
23. Or Piha, for that matter.
24. Share an almond croissant with your partner in crime at La Cigale French Markets.
25. Dumplings can be romantic too, you know. Xuxu Dumpling Bar is unlike any other.
26. Find out how deep you love really is and get your snorkel on at Goat Island’s marine reserve.
27. Prefer to be on top of the water? Sign up for a paddleboard lesson at Mission Bay.
28. Once you’ve worked up an appetite, enjoy fish and chips on the beach.
29. Follow this with ice cream.
30. Your foodie partner will be impressed by a degustation dinner at SIDART.
31. Get matching tattoos on K Road.
32. Mall cinemas are overrated. Head to the Lido in Epsom instead.
33. Keeping the romance alive on The Shore is Bridgeway Cinema.
34. Further afield is Matakana Cinemas.
36. Make a blanket fort.
37. Lock lips as you overlook the city lights from the top of Mount Eden.
38. For the ultimate cliché, enjoy a long walk along the beach. Do the Milford to Takapuna coastal walk (or part of).
39. Treat yourself to a gelato from Takapuna Beach Cafe afterwards.
41. Spend a sunny afternoon lounging on a beanbag together at The Tasting Shed.
42. Got money to burn? Book a table at the French Café.
43. Hire a kayak for two and paddle down the Puhoi River.
44. Take your love to great heights with a degustation dinner at the Sky Tower’s Sugar Club.
45. Share a chuckle at The Classic.
46. Alternatively check out a show at The Basement.
47. Stargaze at the Stardome observatory.
48. Spend a night on the loooove boat aka Hauraki Blue’s overnight cruise.
49. Hold hands as you navigate the ice at Paradice Ice Skating.
50. Play strip poker.
Don't have someone to get loved up with? Never fear, here are 50 Things To Do In Auckland If You're Single.
Image credit: Flikr