Let’s be honest. If we see halloumi on a menu, we’re going to order it. Slices of salty, squeaky deliciousness can take a dish from 0 to 100 and we can’t get enough of it. A halloumi fiend yourself? Great news. We’ve found the best halloumi dishes in Auckland. Go forth and feast.
- They’re made to share but you’ll want one of Vivace’s halloumi pizzettes. It features chilli halloumi, confit garlic, kasundi, sweet peppers and mozz. Mmm.
- Ima Cuisine serve up a big, beautiful plate of fried halloumi. It’s cheese simplicity at its finest.
- Smashed avo AND halloumi? Dear Jervois, you’ve done it again. This bagel is made complete with tomato, cream cheese, fresh basil leaves and basil pesto.
- Halloumi is a glorious addition to any burger. Head to Bodrum Kitchen to devour their Kumru burg—Sujuk sausage, halloumi, gherkins, tomato and aioli.
- You can’t beat bruschetta when it’s done well. Tasca top theirs with grilled halloumi, tomato, mint salsa and olive oil.
- Takapuna are on the halloumi buzz too. Honey Café’s pea and halloumi fritters with greens, minted yoghurt and tomato pepper sauce are a vego’s dream.
- Mary’s tofu and halloumi sandwich may have a beautiful avo rose on top, but it’s the halloumi that draws us in. It’s made complete with watercress, homestyle pickle and aioli.
- We’re borderline obsessed with FishSmith’s tacos but when we found out that crumbed halloumi was available, our attention switched to that. Deep-fried cheese is a glorious thing.
- Rise and shine to The Fed’s Morning Glory dish. It’s a healthy breakfast salad with halloumi, Portobello, poached egg and dukkah.
- Bagels and halloumi are basically besties. Goodness Gracious’ vege bagel with avo, tom, halloumi, rocket, aioli, tabasco and tomato pesto is delish.
- Herbed scramble, grilled halloumi and date and apricot salsa on Midnight Baker bread from Odettes is a breakfast masterpiece.
- Onslow are also on the halloumi bandwagon. Theirs comes with mushies, olives, red onion and tomato.
- Sandrigham’s favourite French café, Petit Bocal whips up a mean sourdough tartine feat. prosciutto, basil pesto, Sicilian aubergine, grilled halloumi and fried egg.
- Halloumi toasties are a dream come true. The Botanist jam theirs with smoked lamb, mint and hummus.
- The Garden Shed serves up one of the healthiest halloumi dishes in town. Think smashed avo, cherry toms, olives, grilled halloumi, garden greens, roasted macadamias and a housemade vinaigrette.
- 20 Of Auckland’s Cheesiest Dishes.
- Auckland’s 25 Best Fat Feeds
- The Four Cheeses You Can Eat After Exercise
- Auckland Has A CHEESE Food Truck!
- The Anatomy Of The Perfect Cheese Board
Image credit: Yuppie Chef