Our love of Nutella started waaay back when we used to sneak spoonfuls of chocolate hazelnut deliciousness from the pantry. Thankfully, the love affair didn’t have to end there. Auckland’s best and brightest chefs have found many ways of indulging the inner-child in all of us and incorporating Nutella into our grown-up meals. To help you find them, we’ve put in the hard yardns and dug up Auckland’s best Nutella everything.
1. You haven’t lived until you’ve feasted on dessert pizza. Non Solo Pizza have things mastered with their wood-fired pizza that’s absolutely smothered in Nutella. It’s then garnished with hazelnut and pistachio—buon appetito!
2. Head south to The Sugar Shed and you’ll find ALL the sweet treats. Think skillet brownie, peanut butter Tim Tam cheesecake (yes, it’s a thing) and Nutella-filled doughnuts—they’re packed with the stuff.
3. Our Little Kitchen make some of the biggest, baddest cakes in town and they’re no stranger to the much-loved chocolate hazelnut spread. Their creations frequently star Nutella buttercream (holy moly) and come topped with an actual jar of Nutella. Get your spoon in there—you know you want to.
4. All your Nutella dreams will come true at Elk Eatery. They change-up their treats on the reg, but expect to find the likes of Nutella pretzel fudge and Nutella cheesecake. Cheat days have never tasted better.
5. If there’s one guy who knows about Nutella, it’s Al from Al’s Deli. You’ll find Nutella custard doughnuts, Nutella and banana ‘moose ears’ (aka a freshly baked, hot, flat doughnut) as well as an Irish cream hard shake starring Baileys, vanilla ice cream and, of course, Nutella.
6. If you like to drink your Nutella (you do), head directly to funky little Kingsland eatery Grill and Shakes. They’ve got 69 (!) milkshake offerings including a deliciously thick Nutella number.
7. Should you find yourself at the Clevedon Farmers’ Market be sure to say hello to the lady selling fresh pretzels and pastries. Here you’ll find one massive—seriously, it’s huge—Nutella-stuffed pretzel.
8. Pick up a chair in the gorgeous outdoor setting of Matakana Market Kitchen and feast on banana and Nutella hotcakes topped with ice cream and smashed Maltesers. You’ll find them under the ‘something teenage’ section of their menu but people of all ages will lurve ‘em.
9. All your wildest Nutella dreams will come true at Cereal Killa. Devour a bagel packed with oozing Nutella, peanut butter and banana before washing it down with a Nutella freakshake topped with whipped cream, Maltesers, Oreo and Flake. Brace yourself for one hella food coma.
10. Crepes A Gogo also have a strong ‘Tella game. Here you’ll find not one, not two but THREE options. Our fave? The belle Hélène with Nutella, pear and almonds.
11. Bagels are best enjoyed when covered in lashing of Nutella. Best Ugly Bagels’ koko bagel is covered in a thick layer of house-made chocolate hazelnut spread. It’s lick-your-fingers-clean kinda stuff.
12. While Bellini might have more than 130 cocktails, it’s their Nutella martini that has us coming back time and time again. Moments like these are why being an adult is awesome.
13. Speaking of Nutella cocktails, Paris Butter’s Mt Blanc cocktail features all the yumminess. Think vodka, gingerbread, white choc, Nutella and coconut. It’s a top contender for the best cocktail in Auckland.
14. Don’t even pretend you don’t want to spend your entire pay at Whoopi. Amongst the many delicious treats available at this tasty, tasty paradise, they serve the thickest thickshakes in town. Their Nutella shake is perfectly paired with peanut butter. Talk about a match made in heaven!
15. If you’re all about them cookies, then get on down to Moustache Milk & Cookie bar to munch on Nutella cookies. Fresh out of the oven, these bad boys have an oozing Nutella centre. Yup, they’re as amazing as you’d imagine.
More of a peanut butter kid? Check out Auckland’s Best Peanut Butter Everything.
Image credit: Our Little Kitchen via Facebook