If you read The Urban List you know how obsessed we are with finding great new openings, new menus, new products as well as chatting to chefs and discovering events that we know you’ll love. And, to keep you in the know—just in case you missed it—here's the foodie news you need to know about this week.
1. Well-known for their errm...burgers, Better Burger launched in Britomart, making that commute that little bit better.
2. Find yourself bored of sending flowers and want to change it out? Introducing Vege Bouquet—beautiful bunches of fresh fruit and flowers sent to the one you love. And, it’s free delivery for the month of April.
3. If you haven’t been to SkyCity’s pop up, 86 on Fed, then now’s your chance. Open for three weeks only, the garden bar brings epic foods, great drinks and live music for your after-work pleasure.
4. Vegetarians have one more spot to curb the morning hunger pains, thanks to fast-food legends Lord of the Fries launching a breakfast menu. Let’s just say we’ll be visiting on the reg.
5. Speaking of breakfast—do you love it? Hate it? Prefer a ciggy? Here’s what your breakfast choice says about you.
6. If you love a good bakery, then news of Brotzeit Cafe & Bakery should bring a smile to your dial—their pretzels are next-level delicousness.
7. And, if you thought you’d been there, done that in Auckland’s foodie scene, you need to put Mt Eden’s Mont Cafe on your weekend bucket list asap. The food is almost too pretty to eat.
8. One of Auckland's classiest restaurants, Pilkingtons, have just appointed a new head chef—Des Harris. Expect a dining experience you will remember for some time to come.
9. Love a good waffle? Us too. But the new waffle stack from Orleans is out of this world. We recommend you get there, stat.
Have some a new opening, new product or other Auckland foodie news you think we should know about? Email us here!
- 15 Of The Best Cheat Meals In Auckland
- Auckland’s Best Gourmet Burgers
- 30 Of The Best Cheap Eats In Auckland For Less Than $10
Image credits: Supplied and Jaiden Bhaga