Can you believe that the iPhone turns 10 today? It’s been a decade since the iPhone first generation tantalised our 'techbuds', paving the way for how we use mobile devices today (seriously, when was the last time you made a call over sending an 'imessage'?). There was no GPS, no third-party apps—too bad, Angry Birds—, and horror of horrors, selfies had yet to be invented, but gee whizz, where would we be without one?
To celebrate this gigantic cultural milestone, let’s take a walk down memory lane to 2007; the year of celebrity meltdowns, infamous TV shows, and Presidential fashion faux pas.
Oh what a time it was to be alive…
1. Rihanna let us stand under her Umbrella, ella, ella.
2. J.K Rowling penned the last EVER Harry Potter book. Mass hysteria ensues, and queuing outside your local bookstore for days to get your hands on a copy is the norm.
3. Britney Spears had a worse 2007 than you.
4. Zac Effron was our (slightly inappropriate) celebrity crush. That hair, though...
5. The final episode of The Sopranos aired, leaving us all asking, ‘did Tony Soprano actually die’?
6. Prince’s Superbowl Half-Time set was the definition of NSFW.
7. Paris Hilton Spent 23 days behind bars for driving with a suspended licence. Rough gig.
8. Ginger, Scary, Sporty, Baby and Posh brought their brand of girl power back for one last Spice Girls world tour.
9. Roger Federer won Wimbledon, beating Spanish lothario, Rafael Nadal to the top spot. All of the feels.
10. President of the United States of America, George W. Bush was caught wearing Crocs. The whole world #relates.
Wanting to take a tech detox? Check out one of these 5 mind-blowing islands for your next getaway.
Image credit: Zomm