Annnd that’s a wrap! After three days of music, art and performances, Splore is done and dusted for another year. Once again, the festival brought the good times and, as much as we love The Urban List, being back in the office is bittersweet. Why can’t it be Splore time all the time?! Because we’re still on that Splore high, we’ve rounded all the moments that made us happy campers. So, without further ado, here are the 25 best things about Splore 2016.
2. Location, location, location. Tapapakanga Regional Park has got it goin’ on with its native bush, glistening beach and starry night sky.
3. Befriending everyone who crosses your path because everyone’s just so damn friendly.
4. Starting the day with a dip in the ocean. Who needs a shower anyway?
5. Eating multiple blueberry black forest crumpets from Kraken Crumpets. That dark chocolate coconut ganache is what dreams are made of.
6. The sounds of nature: cicadas by day, crickets by night.
7. Catching up with old friends and making new friends.
8. Rogue Society’s pop-up gin bar nestled between the pohutukawa trees. Gin never tasted better.
9. The awesomeness of being able to pay for things with your wristband—genius!
10. Earmuff-rockin’ babies.
11. Late night shenanigans at Shenanigan Lane.
12. Considering running away with the circus after learning the art of acroyoga.
13. Sunday morning singalong to Katchafire’s Bob Marley cover. Every little thing IS gonna be alright.
14. Picking up a hula hoop for the first time in like 10 years and discovering you’ve still got it.
15. The food. Need we say more?
16. Having an afternoon snooze in the shade of a pohutukawa tree.
17. The portaloos actually being a) clean and b) stocked with loo paper. Is this a festival first?!
18. Splore’s genuine effort to be a sustainable festival. We loved the reusable Globelet cups, the #leavenotrace rubbish hubs, compostable errything and the reminder that a ‘messy camp site = messy love life’. Now there’s an incentive to be a tidy Kiwi.
19. The Beverage Sister’s strong smoothie game.
20. The Travellers’ Ball and everyone’s amazing costumes.
21. The Dub Pistols bringing the party to the main stage.
22. Each and everyone dancing the night away.
23. Warming up with a hot chocolate before bed.
24. Discovering the happiest place on earth (move over, Disneyland) and…
25. Having the best weekend everrr!
Want another festival fix? Check out Your Guide To Auckland City Limits 2016