The Easter Bunny is our second favourite visitor (sorry Buns, but Santa takes the number one spot). We’re counting down the days until he hops through our bedroom window to leave chocolatey delights at the bottom of our bed. Here’s what we wish the Easter Bunny brings us this year. Please and thank you!
1. Wellington Chocolate Factory know a thing or two about good chocolate. They’ve got two Easter egg offerings: salted brittle caramel and craft beer. Yes, you read that right—a beer-flavoured egg. Dreams do come true. Their eggs are made with organic, fair trade-certified cocoa beans and sugar.
4. Gluten or dairy-free? Devonport Chocolates have got your back this Easter. Check out the range here and here. We love their white chocolate ‘fried’ egg. The egg’s ‘yolk’ is made from salted caramel—yass please!
5. Let’s be honest, we want errything from Miann’s Easter collection. They’ve got the works: hot cross buns, chicken-shaped macarons (“chickarons”) and a whooole lot of Easter eggs. We’re particularly fond of their bunny-shaped gelato sticks.
6. Ever wanted to eat a kiwi? Now’s your chance! Whittaker’s have made a chocolate kiwi in both dark and milk chocolate. You’ll be pleased to know no kiwis were harmed in the manufacturing process. In fact, Whittaker’s are helping the much-loved bird by donating 20 cents from every purchase to Kiwis for Kiwi. On ya, Whittaker’s!
7. Wish you could bath in chocolate? Uh hah, us too. Make your dreams somewhat of a reality with Lush’s golden egg bath bomb melt. The outer shell is made from cocoa butter and olive oil and it’s scented with their famous “Honey I Washed The Kids” fragrance. They’ve also got a fluffy egg bath bomb that smells like a combination of marshmallow, candy floss and jelly beans. Excuse us while we run a bath.
10. We can always count on Giapo to satisfy our sweet tooth—and this Easter is no different. The man behind the ice cream parlour, Giapo Grazoli, has created an Easter treat called "Don't be an egg... be a Kiwi". The chocolate-dipped wafer cone is filled with hot cross bun ice cream and topped with a kiwi made from two chocolate eggs. We
want need one.
11. Bennetts of Mangawhai lurrve both a) chocolate and b) Easter. It’s only fitting that they’ve got a mouth-watering range of Easter goodies in white, milk and dark chocolate. Hardcore choccy fans will be crossing their fingers (and toes) the Easter Bunny brings them this “rather large” chocolate rabbit called Ralph. How big is “rather large”? Ralph is 70cm-tall and is made from 3kg of milk chocolate—woah!
Fancy making your own Easter treats? Check out How To Make These Epic Cadbury Creme Egg Cupcakes.
Image credit: Wallspapers Craft