If you’re one 3pm Tim Tam away from totally obliterating your 2017 ‘clean eating’ goals (#guilty), take heed in the fact that you’re not alone; you want a bloody good meal and you want it yesterday. There’s not a crunchy kale salad in the world that can satisfy your hunger, and we’re not about to hold you back!
One thing’s for sure, the Brisbane food scene is really hotting up for 2017; and it’s only freaking January!
Start your year off the right way; here’s 17 must-eat Brisbane dishes to try in 2017.
1. The tasting menu at Allium.
2. Madame Rouge’s gruyere cheese beignet.
3. A serving of dipping eggs at Greenglass is a must.
4. The Coconut chicken curry at Hello Please.
5. Gauge’s Sourdough waffles.
6. Momo Chicken’s KFC. Nationalism never tasted so damn good.
7. You haven’t lived until you’ve tried Rick Shores’ fried bug roll.
8. The 'Great Balls Of Fire' pizza from Fratelli Famous.
9. Half a dozen oysters at Seymour’s Cocktails & Oysters.
10. Banoffee French toast at Bruno’s BNE.
11. An ice cream éclair at Gateaux Café & Dessert.
12. Wild mushroom and truffle oil gnocchi from Gnocchi Gnocchi Brothers.
13. Golden Gaytime cronut from The Doughnut Bar at Eat Street Markets. Life. Changing.
14. A serving of chicken karaage from Hai Hai Ramen.
15. OTTO Ristorante’s whole roasted Macleay Valley suckling pig.
16. The grilled pork cheek at ARIA is nothing short of orgasmic.
17. The salmon citrus brioche bun at Pearl Café.
Keen to get out and out this January? Here's what's trending in Brisbane right now.
Image credit: Hayley Williamson