There is a lot to be said for the power of a great brow. A well-appointed arch can instantly lift bone structure, give the illusion of higher cheekbones, add definition to your face, and allow you to wear less makeup.
This is, however, a matter that is best left to the professionals; a bathroom mirror tweezing session will only end in tears and regret.
Unless you have been living under a rock for the better part of the last few years, you will know that thick brows have made a comeback. The look is manicured and elongated, with just a hint of an arch. It also isn't an excuse to let things get unruly up there.
So before you hit the salon, here our top tips for going high brow:
1. No two eyebrows are the same. Perfect symmetry may take some time.
2. Not all shapes will work on all faces: avoid the "I want Miranda Kerr's eyebrows" trap. The reality is, it ain't going to happen.
3. Talk to your therapist before you delve in. Discuss face shape, length, colour and exactly what you want.
4. Suffering from a little hair scarcity? Ask for a tint, as it will give the illusion of a denser and fuller brow.
5. Invest in a great eyebrow pencil and brush. It will be your new best friend. We love the Dual Ended Brow Pencil by Issada.
6. Avoid the brushed up brow look. This is one trend that is well and truly dead in the water. It's all about sleek, full and manicured.
Our favourite high brow haunts....
The girls at Blow Salon in Newstead are masters of the eyebrow! They will turn any unruly pair into a seriously sleek power brow.
Where: Shop 5a 3 Montpelier Road in Newstead
Contact: 3257 2469
The Brow Bar
If you would like a side of serious pampering with your brow session, book yourself into the Brow Bar. Self confessed Brow Whisperers, these ladies take eyebrows very seriously. A touch on the more expensive side, but we've heard they are worth every penny.
Where: 76 James Street, in New Farm
Contact: 1800 276 922
Where: 82 Latrobe Terrace
Conact: 1800 276 922
Also just in the brow business, this Bulimba salon's $65 pack includes a wax, tint and hand massage. Lovely!
Where: 175 Riding Road in Bulimba
Contact: 07 3899 4222