Here at The Urban List we count ourselves as pretty adventurous. Our type of holiday involves waking up nestled amongst the view other holiday-ers can only admire from their balcony.
We pride our selves on picking the most Insta-worthy locations for our holidays, because who wants to stay half an hour’s drive from Australia’s most epic locations in a dingy motel? Not us, that’s for sure. Enter our new fave holidaying method: camper van-ing care of the legends filled with even more wanderlust than us, Britz. Bear with us guys, it’s not just something your retired rent’s do anymore, no, it’s the perfect way to snag yourself the most epic room with a view Australia has to offer. Need more reasons to #GoByCamper? Keep reading!
Here’s our must-see guide to Australia’s most Insta-worthy locations, only a short drive from your capital city!
Ah Sydney, you beautiful city you. Here’s our itinerary for an Insta-worthy trip via camper. You’re going to want to park your #roomwithaview in all of these spots.
- Hop in your camper and make your way to Corrimal Beach, via a series of pretty epic scenic stop offs. No time need for ‘are we there yet’ here!
- The epic Royal National Park, is next on your route. Stop off and stretch your legs with a spot of surfing at Garie Beach.
- Get your Insta ready as you make your way to Bald Hill to soak in sweeping views across the ocean.
- Make tracks for Austinmer Beach as you pass Sea Cliff Bridge and prep your self for a home-made gelato on the beach courtesy of Austi Beach Café.
- Get your walk on as you head along the Blue Mile from North Beach through to Flagstaff Hill where you and your Insta feed will be treated to 360-degree views of the ocean and the city.
- Jump back in your camper and arrive back at Corrimal Beach for your first night in the van. Corrimal Beach has powered sites right on the beach so you’ll enjoy a night under the stars but with power, a kitchen, and a super comfy bed #winning.
- Enjoy a home cooked meal from your camper on the shores of Corrimal Beach.
- Wake up front and centre on the beach in your four-wheeled room with a view.
- Make your way to Shellharbour to explore Killalea National Park, affectionately known to locals as ‘The Farm’.
- The soft waves along the ‘The Farm’ are perfect for beginner surfers, so book yourself a lesson and give it a go! Or go rogue and skip the lessons.
- Hit your hunger hard at The Farm’s Market, held on the first Sunday of each month.
- Make your way down the road to the Kiama Blowhole, the largest of its kind in the world, and OMG you guys, it has a baby brother called the ‘Little Blowhole.’ Check both out and snap a pic or two.
- Drive your 5-star-hotel-on-wheels to the Killalea National Park and cook dinner beach front in your epically Insta-worthy home for the night, before you wake up and head on home back to Sydney at your boring home that doesn’t have wheels.
As if life in the Sunshine State isn’t spoiled enough, Brisbane is also a short drive to some supreme Insta locations.
- Drive your shiny new camper out of Brisbane and into the Sunshine Coast hinterland. Await your jaw dropping as you catch site of the Glass House Mountains National Park. Obviously snap an Insta here.
- Embark on the scenic drive down from the hinterlands into the coast and whet your whistle at one of the many epic lunch spots along Noosa Main Beach. Beachside dining, anyone?
- Work off that lunch as you walk along the Noosa headland and let your gaze drift over Little Cove: could Australia get any more Insta worthy people?
- Jump back in your camper and make your way down to Coolum Beach Holiday Park where you’ll set up camp by the beach. Sit back and enjoy your epically awesome #roomwithaview over some fish and chips on your beach front door step as you watch the sunset. Don’t forget to take a pic!
- Wake up amongst the sand and waves as you awake in your #roomwithaview.
- Walk barefoot along the beach toward breakfast. Stop in at one of Coolum’s delish breakfast spots and fuel up for the day. The Cafe does an epic eggs benny and some healthy options too.
- Jump back in your camper with a full stomach and eyes sore from soaking up how gosh darn beautiful Australia is as you head into Mooloolaba.
- Pull up at the breathtaking Point Cartwright and stretch your legs as you snap up a billion pics to spice up your feed. Go for a dip in the blue waters of Point Cartwright beach. I mean, why not?
- Head back into Mooloolaba for a fresh seafood lunch along the water front.
- Jump back in your camper and head into Mapleton Falls National Park and get ready for your jaw to drop at the park’s scenery. Get your camera ready for the waterfall, people; you don’t want to miss this! Keep an eye and ear out for the wildlife too. The drive here is a breathtaking climb through the Blackall Range. Don't forget to pack a picnic (featuring all the tasty local produce) to chow down while you enjoy the natural park's beauty.
- Drive down from the hinterlands along the picturesque route into the coast where you’ll reach your accommodation for the night – a powered site right on the shores of Dicky Beach. Can’t get that at a hotel - just another reason to #GoByCamper.
- Wake up in your beach-central #roomwithaview and enjoy the sunrise before reluctantly heading back to Brisbane and real life.
Melbourne is blessed with some Insta-gems along the Great Ocean Road and what better way to explore them than via your very own #roomwithaview, right?
- Depart Melbourne and head for that wide-open road! Byyyee city!
- Stretch your legs at your first stop and Australia’s most famous surf beach – Bells Beach! Let’s err on the safe side and leave the surfing to the pros here folks.
- Jump back into your camper and make tracks for your next stop, Anglesea, for lunch at some beach time! Explore the shops and grab yourself some gourmet fare as you soak up your seriously stunning surrounds.
- Make your way to Lorne continuing along the breathtaking Great Ocean Road. Be sure to stop at all the lookouts and enjoy the beauty of it all. Arrive at your beachside accommodation and sit back with a cold one as you soak in your epic views and snap a few pics to make your coworkers jealous. Yes, you really stay right at the beach.
- Rise with the sun in your beachside camper in Lorne. Today is no time for alarms! Cook yourself breakfast onboard your camper as you listen to the waves crashing on the shore. Beach and bacon? Yes please!
- Make your way toward Cape Otway via Wye River’s picturesque winding hills. Be sure to stop of and explore the river. Fishing, anyone?
- Continue along the jaw droppingly beautiful Great Ocean Road into the calmer Apollo Bay. Get your walking shoes on and check out Mariners Waterfalls. You’d be forgiven for thinking you’re in the tropics.
- Continue back along The Great Ocean Road until you hit Port Campbell, you’ll know when you’re there because you’ll be able to see the super pretty 12 Apostles. Camera’s out people!
- Nestled up in your campervan you can enjoy the views of the Great Ocean Road and rest soundly knowing you you’ll wake up with an epic view before you have to head back into the big smoke!
Want to see Australia’s most Insta worthy locations? Head into Britz Campervans to make tracks on your epic adventure.
Image credit: Britz
Editor's Note: This article is sponsored by Britz and proudly endorsed by The Urban List. Thank you for supporting the sponsors who make The Urban List possible.