If there's a better combination than food, wine and the beach, I'd like to hear about it. Add to that a bunch of famous chefs, some serious wine makers and lots of music, and I think it's safe to say you're in for something pretty special. And that's exactly what the Noosa Food and Wine Festival (17 – 21 May) is dishing up again this year.
There are a feast of foodie delights to choose from in the 2012 line up, but here's what's on my wish list:
1. Letting my hair down at the official welcome concert and party while enjoying live music, yummy food, and great wine in the park.
2. Getting inspired by some of our culinary leading ladies at the Westpac Ruby Luncheon. Luminaries such as Stephanie Alexander will chat about making it in the competitive food and wine industry.
3. Watching everyone's favourite, Maggie Beer, whip up one of her signature dishes while accompanied by the Queensland Virtuosi Orchestra, at The Cook, The Chef, and The Orchestra Gala Dinner.
4. Fantasising about holidaying in the Greek Islands, while enjoying an eight-course food and wine degustation, prepared by top chefs (including our own Ryan Squires of The Buffalo Club and Esquire fame) at The Mediterranean Degustation dinner at Berardo's Restaurant.
5. Going low key and digging in at Tavola Rustica, a shared Italian picnic prepared by some of the masters of Italian cuisine. Bruschetta, anyone?
6. Wandering off the beaten track and joining in on one of the Sunshine Coast Food Trails. Enjoying some fresh seafood, while kicking back on the Noosa River, sounds like a definite winner.
7. Getting my celeb fix at one of the many Celebrity Chef Cooking Demonstrations on offer. Adriano Zumbo, I'm looking at you.
8. Treating myself at the, modestly named, Qantas Best Dinner in the World. Hosted by Matt Preston, seven world-class chefs (led by Mark Best from Marque restaurant) will present seven courses, matched with premium wines. Attended by famous chefs and media personalities, this is THE event of the festival. But at $750 a pop, this might just be wishful thinking…
So there you have it. So much food, so little time. If you're lucky enough to be heading up to the festival, I hope you enjoy; if you're looking for a partner for the Best Dinner in the World, look no further…
When: Lions Park | Noosa Parade | Noosa Heads
When: 17th - 21st May 2012
Tickets: Available on Noosa Food and Wine Festival website
Be sure to head to the Noosa Food and Wine Festival 2012 website for all your food fixes and celebrity watches!