The Morrison Hotel’s found itself a jammy centre in the form of the Naked Whisky Bar.
Despite their compulsory shirts policy, Brisbane bar Naked Whisky lives up to its name in undressing the complexities and intricacies within their expansive collection of whiskies. There's over 200 whiskies on offer, and the collection selections spans from Scotland, Japan, America, Taiwan, New Zealand, Wales, Australia, Canada, Ireland, so whether it’s a glass from the Buffalo Trace Antique collection, a Van Winkle, or even a Bunnahabhain, there will surely be something to smoke and steam your beans.
Much like the drink itself, a visit to the Naked Whisky Bar is a multi-sensory experience that will drag you into the complex world of this dark and brooding liquor and spit you out the other side wiser and better for the experience.
Hidden in the grungy-cool, dive bar end of Woolloongabba, the Naked Whisky Bar ain’t all smoky liquor though; there’s also 20 beers on tap (most of them are craft/boutique brewed) plus 50 wines and a huge cocktail list (including punch jugs, people!).
Not forgetting that this secret gem is inside one of Brisbane’s most iconic pubs, the nosh is classically satisfying and tummy-lining. Think schnitty, beef pie, eye fillet wraps, plus a selection of salads and other bar nibbles for super reasonable prices. The major food perk of this bar though? You can get your mitts on a juicy, delish steak from Brisbane's best steakhouse, too. Hurrah!
Aside from all the great eats and dranks to be had, there’s a swag of other activities like serious matched whiskey dinners and weekly promos to float your boat on the whiskey seas, or even entertain non-whiskey fans too. From Fridays to Sundays the bar rocks out to some of Australia's best blues bands, who also regularly take to the stage at another Urban List fave, Lefty's Old Time Music Hall), and on Fridays a sultry blues soloist takes over the baby grand in the piano lounge (which you can hire for a private soiree of your own) to set the mood, just right.
Open from everyday from 10am until the wee hours of the morn, Naked Whisky Bar is the perfect place to begin or end your night.
Want to win a whiskey and steak night for you and 3 mates worth up to $400 on Naked Whisky Bar? Simply put your details in to the form below and cross your fingers!
Terms & Condititions
- By completing this form, you agree to have your details added to the The Morrison Hotel and The Urban List databases for use in future marketing.
- Entries close midnight 14th September 2015.
- Winner will be randomly selected
- Winner will be notified via the email provided on 15th September 2015.
- Only one entry per person.
- Prize valid until 31st December 2015
- Total prize must be used in one evening
- Prize not transferrable.
- The prize cannot be exchanged or refunded.
- Winner and 3 friends must all be over 18
- The Morrison staff and management support the responsible service of alcohol and reserve the right to refuse anyone they believe is under 18, unduly intoxicated or disorderly.
Image credit: Ariana Gillrie
TUL Note: This article is proudly sponsored by The Morrison and endorsed by The Urban List. Thank you for supporting the sponsors who make The Urban List possible. Click here for more information on our editorial policy.