Foodies seem to cop it pretty badly. Almost as bad as hipsters. Or inner city wankers.
Let’s be real though, we all have a little bit of foodie in us. Hands up if you’ve said any of these…
1. Have these almonds been activated?
2. Diets just aren’t for me.
3. Oh this restaurant only has one set of cutlery for each course, how rustic.
4. They ordered their steak well done on the first date, so it was also the last date. Ever.
5. I’ll only eat a meat pie if the pastry is made in-house and it’s filled with a ragu.
6. So I was watching Chef’s Table last night…
7. Wait don’t eat yet; I need a picture.
8. Can you please shine your phone torch while I take a pic of our dinner?
9. Who’s the chef? What doco would I know him from?
10. Can you not talk about truffle butter that way? I don’t want to see it in that light…
11. Oh I don’t eat there, the lighting sucks.
12. I just don’t get how people get too “full” for dessert? Is that really a thing?
13. OMG I ate that waaaayy too quickly.
14. I planned my last holiday around the food I wanted to eat in that city.
15. I’m not a food blogger; I’m a food stylist.
16. So, I’ve been thinking about how we should tackle this buffet, guys.
17. My wardrobe sucks because I spend all of my money on food.
18. So I was watching Master Chef last night…
19. What’s instant coffee?
20. This nibbles spread is so tacky; the carrots even aren’t julienned…
This article previously appeared on our sister site, The Urban List.
Photo credit: Hayley Williamson for Metropolist