It’s officially summer and life is better already. Longer days, big waves and salty hair are what we’re all about but there’s nothing we like more than kicking back with an ice-cold Summer Bright Lager after a long hard day of swimming in the sea.
There’s a whole heap of things happening all over the city and it can be hard to know what to do first so we’ve teamed up with Summer Bright Lager to celebrate the first day of summer and bring you this neat list of 20 things you neeeeeed to add to your summer bucket list, ASAP.
You have three months. Go.
- Set up camp at Straddie. We know it’s hot, but you need to do it at least once.
- Chase waterfalls. Cedar Creek Falls are our fave.
- Play beach cricket at Main Beach. It’s not just for kids.
- Eat your weight in mango. Fruit = health.
- Watch some of world's best surf up a storm at the Burleigh and Quiky Pros.
- Round up your squad and go barefoot bowling at Mermaid Beach Bowls Club.
- Have a Sunday sesh every single Sunday.
- Watch the sun go down with an ice cold Summer Bright Lager.
- Stay out of the sun and learn a different language.
- Try stand up paddle boarding at Currumbin.
- Cook up a BBQ storm at Jack Bayliss Park.
- Let loose at a music festival. Laneway is calling.
- Learn to surf at Kirra.
- Do a bar crawl at Burleigh Heads.
- Befriend someone with a pool.
- Take on a long AF coastal walk, like Kingscliff to Cabarita (it’s seriously long).
- Go on a road trip down south with your best mate.
- Have a super long, long lunch at Rick Shores.
- Rent a boat with all your mates and live like royalty for the day.
- Spend your whole pay check on oysters and prawns.
Editor's note: This article is proudly sponsored by Summer Bright Lager and endorsed by The Urban List. Thank you for supporting the sponsors who make The Urban List possible. Click here for more information on our editorial policy.
Image credit: Summer Bright Lager