Haagen Dazs Terms And Conditions
Promoter: Urban List Pty Ltd (ACN 56 349 266 482) of, Studio 41, 8 Hill Street, Surry Hills, NSW 2010
1. Eligibility: Entry is open to all Melbourne metropolitan (postcodes 3000 – 3207) residents aged 13 years or older with a valid Facebook account. Entrants under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian consent to enter. Employees of The Urban List, General Mills Australia Pty Ltd (“General Mills”) and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to enter. The promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Winner must be available to receive the prize at a time agreed between the prize provider (General Mills) and winner.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of The Urban List in relation to the promotion as final and binding.
3. Promotion Period: The promotion commences at [02:00pm] on 07/04/2016 AEST and ends at 11.59PM on 14/04/2016 AEST. No entries will be accepted after this time.
4. How to Enter: To enter, entrants must during the promotion period:
Visit the Urban List page on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/TheUrbanListMELB/ (the Page); and
Locate and ‘like’ the promotion post on the Page and in 25 words or less, let us know why you should win 4 months’ supply of ice-cream and who you would share it with?
Each entry submitted will be judged by the promoter based on the judging criteria. By entering the Promotion, the entrant consents to use of the entry by the Promoter (and its partners and agencies associated with the promotion), for marketing and promotional purposes. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of The Urban List. You may enter multiple times, provided each entry contains a unique answer to the 25 words or less question.
6. Rules regarding entry content: An entrant’s entry must not include:
any image or voice of any other person without that person’s express consent. Entrants warrant that if any such content is included, they have obtained the express consent of the relevant person;
any content that contravenes any law, infringes the rights of any person or is obscene, offensive, defamatory, discriminatory, indecent or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate (which includes, without limitation, any content involving nudity, malice, excessive violence or swearing); and
any literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work, any audio-visual or sound recording, or any other item in which copyright subsists, unless the entrant is entitled to do so. If an entrant has any doubts about whether they have the right to include any content (for example, recorded music) they must not include it. By including any such content in their entry, the entrant warrants that they have the permission of the relevant copyright owner to do so and that this permission allows the Promoter to use the entry in accordance with these Conditions of Entry.
The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, edit, modify, delete, remove or take-down any part of an entrant’s entry.
5. Prizes: The selected winner will receive 4 months’ supply of Haagen-Dazs™ ice-cream, delivered once a month to their home at the commencement of each month (May, June, July, August 2016). One month’s supply consists of a random selection of 4 pints (473ml) of Haagen-Dazs™. The winner must be home to receive the ice-cream delivery (at an agreed time with General Mills ). If the winner is not home for receipt of the ice-cream, the ice-cream will not be delivered and that months’ supply is forfeited by the winner. The prize is valued at $240.
No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at The Urban List's discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for The Urban List and General Mills Australia Pty Ltd to use winner's name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Winner selection and notification: The entries will be judged on originality, creativity and best answer to the 25 words or less question.
Judging Date: Friday 15/04/2016
Location: Studio 41, 8 Hill Street, Surry Hills, NSW 2010
Judge(s): A panel of 2 judges appointed by the Promoter.
Winners will be notified in writing by reply comment to their entry on the Page within one (1) day following the winner selection. The Winner must acknowledge acceptance of the prize and provide his/her email and postal delivery address by contacting The Urban List via private message by the prize claim date. If requested by the Promoter, the winner must provide proof of age and residency before they will be awarded their prize. The Urban List shall have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winners' spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners' provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information.
Chance plays no part in determining the winner. The Judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. Prize claim: The prize must be claimed by 5pm on 22/04/16 AEST. If the selected winner does not claim the prize by this date, they will forfeit their prize and no cash or other compensation will be provided. The Promoter reserves the right to then award the prize to the next best entry (as determined by the Judges).
8. Rights Granted by you: By submitting an entry to the Promotion, each entrant agrees to assign all rights in the entry to the Promoter and consents to the Promoter using the entry in any manner the Promoter wishes (including modifying, adapting or publishing the entry, whether in original or modified form, in whole or in part or not at all), by way of all media, without payment to the entrant (of royalties, compensation or otherwise). By submitting an entry, each entrant consents to any dealings with the entry that may otherwise infringe their moral rights in the entry. The Promoter may copy any content submitted as part of an entry, cause the content to be seen and/or heard in public, and communicate the content to the public. It may also allow third parties to do these things.
9. Terms: The Urban List reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the promotion. In such case, The Urban List may select the winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by The Urban List. The Urban List reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or the Page or violates these Terms & Conditions.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage the Page or undermine the legitimate operation of the promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, The Urban List reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE PROMOTION AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
10. Facebook promotions: Entrants acknowledge that the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants acknowledge that any information they provide in connection with the Promotion is provided to the Promoter and not to Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion will be directed to the Promoter, not to Facebook. Entrants release Facebook and its associated companies from all liability arising in respect of the Promotion.
10. Limitation of Liability: The Promoter, General Mills, their associated agencies and companies and the agencies and companies associated with this Promotion (including Facebook) will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law)
11. Disputes: This promotion is governed by the laws of Queensland. The parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts exercising jurisdiction there without regard to principles of conflicts of law.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner's name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: The Urban List, 3/93 Commercial Road, Newstead, QLD 4006. Requests must be received no later than 31/04/16.