We know you’re busy, sometimes in between trying to look busy at work and browsing memes on Instagram you miss the odd bit of amazing news. Well, we’re here to help.
Here’s a round-up of everything you may have missed this week.
- Bit short on cash this week? What if we told you that you can get $6 burgers at The Penny Black? Sounds ideal to us. They’ve got 3 burgers on offer—The Old School (beef), Field Of Dreams (mushroom), and the Adobo Stinger (chicken). They’re available until July 14, find out more here.
- If you’re looking for something to keep the kids occupied these school holidays, look no further than Om Nom. Head chef Darren Jones has created a high tea for kids which includes croques petit-monsieur, mini puff triangles, fairy bread meringue, chocolate lollipops, cherry chocolate logs, babychino and much more. Find out more here.
- Saint Lucia have launched their new winter menu, and it’s sure to warm your belly. It features their Insta-worthy Kokomo Kone which contains jerk BBQ fried chicken, slaw, charred corn, lime mayo, candied scotch bonnet and toasted coconut all served in a ‘sunset’ waffle cone. They’re also rolling out Mac ‘n Cheese mini donuts, so we’ll definitely be seeing you there soon.
- Speaking of winter menus, you’ll be pleased to know that riverside hot spot Arbory Bar & Eatery for you to enjoy on the deck as you warm yourself amongst their open fire bins. They’re hosting the Abory Roast Collection through winter and July will focus on ‘Beef and Barossa’ that features a different beef dish each week. This week you can get braised beef cheek, potato dauphinoise, beer pickled onion and leek—now that’s a hearty winter meal.
- Apparently there are banana haters that exist in real life? We found 28 things that banana haters understand.
- There’s a bar in Melbourne’s west that is making Mi Goreng fried chicken, now if that’s not something that’s on your list already it should be by now.
- A new In-N-Out burger inspired burger joint has opened its doors across from South Yarra station. L.A Burgers is dishing up some solid burger options.
- The world’s cheapest Michelin-starred chicken is on its way to Melbourne. Hawker Tan will be setting up shop in the world’s most liveable city very soon.
- In need of some gifts, or just want some fresh produce to cook with? Here are all the markets you need to go to this July.
- And if you’re still a bit poor, here are 18 free things to do in Melbourne this month.
- Some of Melbourne's best pastry purveyors are coming together for a series of high tea events in August and September. Find out all about it here.
If you’re lacking social engagements this weekend, here are 15 things you might be interested in doing in Melbourne this weekend.
Image credit: Saint Lucia