Congrats, you’ve successfully made it through the first week of winter. While you’ve been busy investing in scarves and reminiscing on waking up with feeling in your toes, Melbourne has been getting ready your weekly dose of art, booze and food. All the good stuff to cure your winter blues
Here’s all the news you missed this week in Melbourne:
- Cancel any plans you had for tomorrow because B.East is hosting a Ribfest from 12pm onwards. Bring a bib and your stretchiest pants.
- Hump day just got a whole lot better—Victoria Hotel in Footscray is hosting a chef's dinner on the first Wednesday of every month. First up is head chef James Cornwall serving seafood in July. See food, eat it, repeat.
- Cummulus Inc is celebrating its 10th birthday by now taking reservations for lunch, brunch, dinner and dessert (!!). Happy birthday to us, more like.
- Feeling like a hit of culture? Head down to the NGV to take a look at the newly restored Amadeo Modigliani painting. Check out this clip of the work in action. Ol' Manuel Humbert has never looked so fresh.
- It’s funky fungi season! Pick up your mandatory truffle fix at Chiara in Collins Square. Think gougere, tartufo and other hard-to-pronounce deliciousness.
- FREE PASTA ALERT. yep, Duke Pizza in the CBD are slinging free bowls of pasta tonight (Friday 7 June) from 5pm to 6pm. We'll see you in the queue.
- Need a good excuse for having that glass of red? 100% of the proceeds (yep, the whole shebang) for Vinomofo’s exclusive Homeless Grapes Project McLaren Vale Shiraz will go towards supporting homelessness in Australia.
- The guys at Henry Sugar announced they're chucking a sweet World Gin Day high tea. Three courses and matching gins. We're so there.
- Love the Queen Victoria market but don't know where to begin? Or just need an excuse to taste a whole lotta food? Jump online and book tickets to their new Foodie Tours. There's also a Truffle Festival starting on 16 June.
- Here’s one for all the people that aren’t planning on leaving bed this season. Mr Miyagi has launched a new UberEats winter menu. Think Japanese Loaded Fries, Shiitake Mushroom Dumplings, Tofu Bao – all in your dressing gown.
- We checked out Mt Waverley's gorgeous new backstreet brunch bar, Stanley.
- The world braced itself for an influx of Broccoli Lattes. You can apparently get these green machines right now at Common Folk down in Mornington.
- The CBD's film photography pros, Film Never Die, moved into a stunning new camera store on Bourke St. Honestly, we could move in and never leave.
Image credit: Griffin Simm