Look, we love Love Island as much as the next person. No, really, we can’t stop watching it. But we have to admit it’s a lot. We wouldn’t blame you if you weren’t keeping up to date on everything happening in Melbourne. Lucky for you, we have.
Here’s all the news you missed this week:
- Uncle Drew is now rocking dinner service. Plus they’re serving their new, punny cocktail menu from 12pm onwards. Boozy brunch, anyone?
- Gluten-friendly babies, we’ve got your deep-fried chocolate fix! From 3 July, San Churro will be offering up gluten-friendly options on their menu.
- We all try to be good and bring in a sandwich to work, but who else ends up ditching the lunchbox and indulging in something fresh and delicious? Yeah, us too. Gingerboy is offering up a $27 lunchtime special, together with a complimentary glass of wine. That's one way to cure your Mondayitis.
- Sparrows in Sandringham is swapping gin for whisky and mulled wine for winter. They're re-styling the space, experimenting with a new menu, and rocking some seriously good whisky cocktails. Check em out!
- Heads up, Dinner by Heston is hosting a new fancy-shmancy Cocktail Flight—the chance to taste three of their signature cocktails (as well as some snacks, because yum) that rotate each month.
- A giant candy museum opened this week in Fitzroy, and you can literally walk across a sherbet-filled bridge. Oh, and stuff yourself silly with sweets.
- Eventually, we’ll have to do something about our extra winter layer. Make your workout all the better with some Mister Timbuktu activewear, made from entirely sustainable products.
- Move over, Uber. China’s biggest ride share service launched in Melbs this week, and to sweeten the deal, they’re offering 50% off all your rides until July.
- Get smashed on smashed patties—check out our review on Windsor’s latest and greatest burger joint, Rocomamas. (There’s a lot of food. A lot.)
- The release date for the Melbourne Harry Potter and the Cursed Child tickets has been announced and we have a lot of feelings. Game plan on ticket day: pull a sickie, glue yourself to your laptop screen and refresh, refresh, refresh!
- Port Fairy are still running their Winter Weekend Festival this weekend, and it’s going to be pretty rad. They’ll have dinner, ghost tours, fairy hunts and a giant burning Wicker Man. Don’t tell Nicholas Cage.
- You can now get a LED beauty treatment (who even knew that was a thing?) on your lunch break, at new CBD gem St. Skin.
- It’s time to finally revisit your six-year-old dreams and re-learn your favourite instrument, with The Music Gym launching last week in Melbourne. Hello, lunchtime rock’n’roll guitar lessons.
- Uni students, rejoice. You can finally swab in the in-between class McDonalds for an actual proper meal, now that Rustica has opened up in Melbourne Central.
Image credit: Michelle Jarni