The weekend is here, guys. BOOYA. If life’s been a bit hectic this week, or you’ve just been lazy and failed to keep up with Melbourne’s antics (shame on you), we’ve got you covered. From new Puma kicks, the world’s latest checkouts, Meredith line-ups and Wardrobe.NYC activewear, it’s been a big week. Here’s everything you missed.
- Fatto Bar unveiled After Dark, a new concept that'll see our favourite cantina transform into a swanky Italian cocktail lounge every Friday and Saturday night. Check their socials for deets.
- Melbourne just got a dedicated Cannoli Bar (aka Cannolificio). You'll find it in Avondale Heights (time to bust out that atlas). Stay tuned for our full write-up.
- The cake and tea goddesses from Mary Eats Cake have launched a Gin High Tea, and our bodies are ready.
- Parrtjima: A Festival in Light, is returning to Alice Springs next month. You've gotta see the pictures...
- Hold on to your hats (and your comp'd shampoos, soaps and slippers). Until 19 September, Art Series Hotels are hosting ‘the world’s latest checkout’.
- Puma unveiled possibly the most awesome retro-dum kicks ever, and we’re living for them.
- The guys that brought you House Of Mirrors are back this year with a new installation: a never-ending labyrinth of doors. Sounds mildly terrifying.
- Meredith just announced their 2018 line-up and we’re already planning our festival getup. Might be time to start saving.
- Hanoi Hannah are running a new Monday Soup Series at all three restaurants. We're hanging out for the fresh Banh Canh Cua, with shrimp and crab broth. Check their social pages for deets.
- North Carlton fave Babajan just announced they're doing dinner service on Fridays and Saturdays. Shotgun the 12-hour slow-cooked lamb shoulder.
- Movida just opened a bottle-o INSIDE their bodega, Bar Tini. It's called Alimentaria (previously just an online store). Expect lots of good Spanish wine and more sardines than the Med.
- We hope it’s payday soon, coz Variety Hour has just opened its first bricks and mortar pop-up in Fitzroy. Gorman fans, you're gonna want to see this one.
- Wardrobe.NYC just dropped a new luxury activewear collection. Ain’t nothing better than pretending you’ve exercised when you haven’t.
- Nike are launching a new football boot this weekend, and they've set up a mysterious pyramid at Birrarung Marr. We went along to scope it out...
Looking for your next good read? Here's our advice...
Image credit: Babajan