It's been a good week for re-watching Netflix shows you've already seen a billion times. Or was that just us? Either way, it's hard to keep your finger on a city pulse that's three beats away from a heart attack. Luckily for you guys, we're here to help.
Here's all the news you missed this week in Melbourne:
- We want a recount TBH. Melbourne has narrowly lost the title of Most Liveable City in the world, after a record seven years in a row.
- Acne Studios pop-up sale is running out the door this SUNDAY. Don't even wait. We're talking 80% off designer goods. Here's all the info.
- There’s a new range of Anya Hindmarch designer candles that'll take your overcluttered living room from student to chic. Uh, yes please.
- The guys from Laneway Greens are now stocking Mile End bagels. Boo yeah! We're partial to plain old cream cheese, but any PB&J fans out there should be stoked about that one. Limited time only, guys!
- African restaurant polēpolē (and their upstairs atmosphere-y cocktail bar Glamp) have a brand new menu, and there’s bangers like chicken and vine leaf dumplings, berbere spiced fries and piri-piri spatchcock. Get in our bellies.
- Eat a cheese smothered chicken schnitzel and donate some hay. It’s Parma for a Farmer, ya’ll.
- If you're looking for something boozy, get to Richmond’s Hanoi Hannah for Hanoi’s Happiest Hours. Think 2-for-1 cocktails and brand new menu dishes.
- A giant day party (and ooh, we love a good day-drinking sesh) in the heart of Melbourne’s CBD is being hosted by record labels Soothsayer and I OH YOU. It's called City Loop.
- The history Savoy Hotel in the CBD is almost done with its Art Deco makeover. We reckon the old bird doesn't look a day over 150.
- They’ve been doing coffee for ages, but Veneziano have now opened their roastery as a cafe. The crowds are flocking, so it might pay to camp out the night before. Anything for smashed avo, right?
- The upstairs above Embla has finally been unleashed. Say hello to Lesa, the hottest new restaurant in town. Think four-course meals (veal tartare, slow-grilled pumpkin, salted bergamot meringue) and a wine list that goes off.
- Ready for a good porking, Melb? Get down to the brand new Windsor joint Ton & Co for some epic pork tonkatsu (that's basically all they do). Just don’t tell Wilbur.
- Get your overalls and flower crowns out again, peeps, because the Lost Lands Festival lineup has just dropped, and it’s a goodie.
- A giant maze of doors that leads nowhere and everywhere (we’re overwhelmed already) is headed to Melbourne. Go if you’re a bit weird and like that sort of thing.
- There’s a new burger place up in Ascot Vale called The Pickle and the Patty and yep, we’re going just because of the name.
Image credit: Superpig