Another week, another frenzied dose of Melbourne news. New York might be the city that never sleeps, but Melbourne doesn't even take catnaps. Blink and you'll miss three new openings, two puppy trams and an international DJ set.
Here's all stuff you missed this week in Melbourne.
- ASOS dropped a 90s inspired Simpsons range. As our favourite bald-headed millionaire would say, exxxxxxcellent.
- Pizza van alert! The Mill Brewery is putting our favourite thing on wheels, and celebrating this Saturday with pizza, beer and tunes. Yes, please.
- Messina has been giving away jars of their infamous Dulce De Leche (even the name makes us drool) if you order through Deliveroo. They have over 2000 jars available, but it has been going since Tuesday, so get in quick!
- Chotto owners Brendan and Caryn Liew are taking over Supernormal Canteen for one day only – brace yourself for an Asian feast.
- ‘Gravy’ is another word for cool (people still use it, right?) and we think it’s pretty gravy that there’s a festival dedicated to the thing on this weekend. Plus, greyhounds. That’s even more gravy, dudes.
- Are you so cultured? Sofitel Melbourne on Collins is offering up a limited ‘So Cultured’ accommodation packages that include bottomless brunch, tix to Melb’s best theatres and exhibitions, plus a Luxury King Room. Amaze.
- We got our hands on a map of all the magpie-heavy areas, so you can keep both your eyes. You’re welcome.
- Chanel has just launched a range of make-up for men. It’s small, but crucial. We’re over you lot walking around with untamed brows.
- Cardi B. is coming here! Well, kinda. To Perth. But still, a heck of a lot closer then Coachella.
- There’s a brand new joint in Melb Central called B. Lucky & Sons, and it’s part gaming arcade, part cocktail bar, part pawn shop. Ah…yep.
- A legendary NYE piano bar (that plays non-stop Broadway hits, oh yeah) is coming to Melbourne for a one-night extravaganza.
- A very green skyscraper is gonna be built in Southbank in 2020, and it’s going to be the tallest building in Australia. We sat down and chatted to the architect.
- Chi Modu, the legendary hip-hop photographer, is hosting a masterclass in Melbourne, and you don’t wanna miss out.
- Kong and 8bit are chucking us a serious curveball and combining forces to bring us a brand-spanking-new burger.`
Image credit: Cynthia del Río