Cheers to the freaking weekend, am I right? If you’ve been too busy relishing this last little bit of Winter (you’re nuts) and couldn’t keep up with this weeks’ antics, we’ve got you covered.
Here’s all the stuff you missed this week in Melbs.
- Big news. Today is Vogue American Express Fashion Night Out, and the guys at Melbourne Central are throwing a shimmering Iridescent Party.
- Hot diggity dog. The Bavarian is giving away 500 FREE hot dogs to celebrate the launch of its new venue at Highpoint Shopping Centre. It's all kicking off at 5pm tonight. Be there.
- Hanoi Hannah is launching weekly Vietnamese yum cha this Sunday, and we’ve already cleared our schedules.
- This Saturday is International Bacon Day (for some reason), and Dashing Donuts is celebrating with hot bacon doughnuts. You know you're curious.
- Maccas and UberEats have joined forces to bring you the ‘Apple Pie McFlurry’. It'll be in restaurants from 5 Sep. Until then, it's UberEATs or nothing.
- Our mates at Biggie Smalls are dropping a brand new menu, and it's got fried chicken wings and jalapeno poppers.
- Fjällräven and Acne Studios announced they're launching a new collab capsule range. The first glimpses look pretty sweet.
- As part of their chef series, the guys from Rice Paper Sister will be welcoming IDES head chef Peter Gunn into their kitchen to whip up some magic. Bookings are open now.
- A Yayoi Kusama installation is coming to Australia, and it's here to stay. Pumpkins are also involved.
- There's an underground carpark range coming to Etihad Stadium. We sat down and chatted with the organisers.
- Melbourne’s massive Hawkeye Vintage Sale is dropping in South Yarra this morning, and it's running all weekend. Prices start at $20.
- A world-first Nelson Mandela Exhibition is coming to Melbs next month.
- Get ready to chomp into a rainbow. Huxtaburger is turning their buns purple today to raise money for Minus18, a charity that supports LGBTQI youth.
In other AWESOME news, Peninsula Hot Springs is getting a whopping 13-million-dollar makeover.
Image credit: Annika Kafcaloudis