Welcome to the end of another week, guys. It's been a big one. We’ve got new Adidas collab announcements, Nostalgic 90s pop-ups, pork belly corn dogs and heaps more. Maybe you missed all of this because you were getting your translucent skin out for a decent dose of vitamin D. No problemo, we got you covered.
Here’s all the news you missed this week in Melbourne.
- Red Spice QV is dishing out $5 pork belly corn dogs from 18 – 20 September, and they’re gonna be oinking delicious. Chuck it in your diary.
- Wednesday 26 September is World Dumpling Day (AKA the best day ever) and Oriental Teahouse is serving FREE BBQ pork buns. Legit.
- Looks like you do make friends with salad. The National Hotel in Richmond is making its ‘Turnip the beat’ veggo menu a permanent mid-week appearance.
- Lulu Lemon and the NGV just announced a new mindfulness series, and it's launching this summer.
- The chocolate-churro Gods have shined upon us. Not only did San Churro launch their new Ruby Chocolate menu this week, they’re also giving you the chance to attend a limited-edition ‘Real Chocolate Experience’.
- Laneway Festival just confirmed the rumours—they're packing up and moving to Footscray Park for 2019.
- Westfield is transforming into a magical, nostalgia-filled 90s pop-up this weekend, and we’ve already got our double-denim outfit sorted.
- Childish Gambino and Adidas are about to hit us with a new Adidas Originals collab. It's all very mysterious.
- There’s an interactive VR Space Festival happening this weekend. It's educational, but don't let that freak you out.
- We checked out the new East Brunswick Hotel, and it's bloody amazing: three levels, boutique accom and a real-life 'Bada bing' neon sign. Sweet.
- Melbs welcomed its first ever dedicated cannoli bar and our bodies are ready.
- Footscray just got Harry & Larry’s, a new sustainable and ethical store totally worth checking out.
Image credit: Superpig