We've all been there, you've planned a great day outdoors in Melbourne but Melbourne's gone and done it again—it's started pouring with rain.
So, you're going to need to find some things to do when it's raining in Melbourne, and the list below is exactly what you're after. We've put together a ton of indoor activities for you to do in Melbourne when the heavens have opened above the world's most liveable city.
Grab your puffer jacket, pull out that beanie, and check out our things to do in Melbourne when it's raining.
- Catch a butterfly at Melbourne Zoo’s Butterfly House.
- Watch a classic flick with an obligatory glass of wine at the Astor Theatre in St Kilda.
- Sip on a seriously good brew at Temple Brewing Company in Brunswick East or grab a pint from any of Melbourne's other great breweries.
- Come face to face with stingrays and sharks at Melbourne Aquarium. Think about how you could quite easily punch a shark if it tried to eat your legs.
- Go to NGV, just go there, just do it. There's always something amazing on, plus you'll feel like you're a bit cultured for once.
- Lie in bed and binge-watch Netflix, maybe even pop some popcorn, hey?
- Hit up some board games and drinks at Queen Of Spades.
- Or curl up with a book and some board games at Willows & Wine. The fireplace is fake, but the charm is real.
- Catch a blockbuster film on the giant, 3D screen at IMAX Melbourne.
- Expand your mind to scientific proportions, gaze at the Planetarium's starry sky, or just put your head on your plate of food at Scienceworks.
- Suck down an alcoholic milkshake or five at Grand Trailer Park Taverna in the CBD.
- Take a trip to the Bendigo Art Gallery for a glimpse at a truly stunning art space.
- Work those arms and legs with a good rock climbing session, check out this list for all of the indoor rock climbing walls you need to know about.
- Hit up any of Melbourne's great op-shops and bag yourself an absolute bargain on something you totally don't need.
- Visit the Melbourne Museum and get some more culture flowing through the veins.
Don't like spending money? Here's a bunch of free things to do in Melbourne right now.
Image credit: Queen Of Spades | Griffin Simm