Peanut butter isn’t a food—it’s an obsession. No bowl of porridge is complete without a big dollop of PB and if there’s no nutty goodness in that smoothie, we don’t want to know about it. It’s a jar-a-week habit.
Here are 18 things only the truly peanut butter obsessed will understand. How many are you guilty of?
- In your opinion, no day is complete without peanut butter.
- Actually—scratch that. No MEAL is complete without it.
- You have multiple jars on the go at any one time. After all, there’s a massive difference between crunchy with salt and crunchy without salt.
- Your jars are scattered throughout town—one at work, one at your boyfriend’s flat, one at your parents’ house and, like, six at home.
- Your movie snack of choice? Pic’s peanut butter slugs. Excuse me while I suck out its deliciousness.
- You’ve become a total peanut butter snob. Dad’s budget stuff just doesn’t do it for you anymore.
- You let out a squeal of delight when you discover a new PB brand or flavour.
- When Fix & Fogg released their limited edition fruit toast flavour you—quite simply—lost your shit.
- And you know the secret to a bad ass satay sauce or massaman curry is Fix & Fogg’s smoke and fire PB.
- Nothing brings you more joy than using the peanut butter TAP at Good For.
- You get your daily fruit and veg quota by topping peanut butter on everything. Apple, banana, carrot, celery... there’s nothing you won’t peanut butter-ify.
- But, let’s be honest, you don’t need to put it on anything—you eat it by the spoonful.
- Heck, you’ve been known to forgo the spoon. Your finger is as good a spoon as any.
- You go to food shows and markets solely to stock up nutty goodness.
- You use the health benefits to justify the obsession. It’s packed with good fats and protein, y’know?
- You dabble in alternative nut butters—almond, cashew and hazelnut—but it’s not the same. There is only one nut butter and it begins with “pea”.
- You find yourself writing an article about your addiction, spoon of peanut butter in hand.
- THIS is your favourite song: