Money Cents | Part II
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Money Cents | Part II
The Promoter is The Urban List Pty Ltd ATF The Urban List Trust (ABN 56 349 266 482).
NSW permit number: LTPS/19/39423
Start date: 28/1/2020 at 11:59am AEST
End date: 29/1/2020 at 4:59pm AEST
Entry is only open to Australian residents living in VIC, NSW, QLD or WA, and New Zealand residents. Entrants must be over the age of 18.
HOW TO ENTER:
Online Survey Submission: visit theurbanlist.com/competitions/https://www.theurbanlist.com/money-cents-part-II, and then fully complete and submit the online survey within the dates of 28/1/2020 - 29/1/2020, with personal details (including name, email address). Opting into the prize draw and acceptance of the T&Cs are conditions of entry. Entrants will receive one (1) entry for completion of the Quiz. Only one entry will be accepted per person.
TOTAL PRIZE VALUE:
Up to AU$200 (or NZD$200 if the winner is a NZ resident)
There will be a single (1) winner of this competition. This prize is $200 AUD (or NZD$200 if the winner is a NZ resident), given by way of 1 x $200 pre-paid cash visa cards.
Prize must be redeemed within 12 months of being notified. i.e. redeemed by January 29th 2021
- To enter, individuals must complete the online entry form hosted on the Urban List website here; www.theurbanlist.com/money-cents-part-II and promoted on the Promoter's social media channels.
- The Promoters will determine the winner based on game of skill, in the form of a 25 words or less submission. One (1) entry will be selected for the Prize. The judge may select additional reserve entries, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The judging will take place at the Melbourne office of the Promoter, Level 1, 66-68 Cubitt Street, Cremorne, Melbourne, 3121 at 2:00pm AEST on Tuesday 28th January 2020.
This prize is for or relates to the "Money Cents | Part II" survey and subsequent competition.
- The prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
The winner will be notified by email within two (2) business days of selection. The winner will be published on the Urban List Instagram Page (www.instagram.com/urbanlist) on the 31st January 2020.
Prize must be claimed by 27/4/20 at 2:00 pm AEDT. In the event of an unclaimed prize, the prize will be redrawn on 28/4/20 at 2:30 pm AEDT at Urban List, 66-68 Cubitt St, Cremorne, VIC 3121. The winner of the redraw will be notified by phone and email within two (2) business days of the redraw.
- The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be an acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
- Employees (and the immediate family members) associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, its distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- If a prize is won by a person under the age of 18, the prize may be awarded to the winner's parent or guardian and where applicable to the prize a nominated parent/guardian must accompany any person under 18 years of age.
- All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner. If we cannot contact the winner within 3 months following reasonable attempts, the winner may forfeit their right to the prize.
- If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable at the designated time for the Event or at the time stipulated by the Promoter for travel, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
- No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion. Where entry is allowed online, there is no additional cost to enter the Promotion other than any cost paid by the entrant to access the website or social media platform of entry via their Internet service provider.
- The prize will be awarded to the person named in the entry and any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant or by a third party will be invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
- For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter may only publish the winner's first name or surname (not full name), initial, State/Territory, postcode or Country of residence.
- If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or willful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The entrant must participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
We collect personal information directly from you when you:
- register or subscribe for a service, list or account;
- contact us by email, phone or contact us form;
- enter a contest or other trade promotion;
- attend an event; or
- visit our website.
The type of information we collect varies based on your activity:
- when you subscribe to a list, service, account or enter a contest, we may collect your name, location, date of birth, nationality, residential or postal address, email, phone number, or other information you disclose to us;
- when you visit our website or view our social media accounts, we may collect statistical information to analyse your online and offline preferences, habits, movements, trends, and other information for statistical purposes.
In certain circumstances, such as entering a contest, we will require accurate and correct information , however, should you contact us with a general question you may interact with us anonymously or through the use of pseudonym.
If we obtain personal information without an individual’s knowledge we will either delete/destroy the information, or inform the individual that we hold such information. We will hold any information acquired in this manner in accordance with this policy.
When personal information is used and disclosed
The primary purpose of collection is determined by the reason we collected and/or submitted the information. For example, if you subscribed to our mailing list, we will use your personal information to send you emails.
Other reasons include:
- verifying your identity if you enter a contest or subscribe to our mailing list;
- communicating with you in general:
- retargeting marketing campaigns; or
- enabling pixel tags so that when we send emails, it is in a format you can read and allow us to know if an email has been opened.
We will also disclose personal information in the following situations:
- third party websites when you have selected a link from our website to be redirected to their website;
- sponsors of contests to allow the sponsor to award the prize of the contest or trade promotion.
- we may disclose or receive personal information or documents about you to/from law enforcement agencies to assist in the prevention of criminal activities or for any other lawful requirement or purpose, including to government agencies or regulators;
- we may disclose your personal information to employees, a related company and professional advisors, including lawyers; or in order to sell our business (in that we may need to transfer Personal Information to a new owner).
We will not use your information for purposes other than described above unless we have your consent or there are specified law enforcement or public health and safety reasons.
We may disclose your personal information to our related entities in Australia and New Zealand and other oversea entities where those entities are contractors or service providers with whom we have a business association.
We may utilise third-party service providers (such as Gmail from Google, Inc., and MailChimp from The Rocket Science Group LLC) to communicate with you and to store contact details. These service providers are located in the United States of America.
Opting “In” or “Out”
At any time, you may request for us to stop using some or all of your personal information.
To opt-out of receiving emails, please contact us or select the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the email. For all other types of services, please contact us.
Please note, that by removing your personal information, we may be unable to offer you the same level of service or in some instances, this will terminate your access to those services.
Security of your personal information
We store your personal information using secure servers protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
While we endeavour to only hold personal information that is accurate, complete and up-to-date, if you become aware this information is no longer accurate, complete or up-to-date please contact us to correct the information.
Disposal of personal information not required
How to access your personal information
Upon your request, we will provide access to your personal information we hold except in certain prescribed circumstances, including emergency situations, specified business imperatives, or law enforcement.
Questions and Contact
If you would like further information about the way we manage personal information we hold OR would like access to your personal information held by us please contact our Privacy Officer.
The Privacy Officer
The Urban List