New Year’s Eve—you either love it or you hate it. Let’s be honest, you probably love to hate it. So much expectation, so much disappointment. But not this year. This year there is so much to do in Perth that we’re struggling to decide where to go!
So to say goodbye to the crazy year that was 2016—here are 30 of the best places to celebrate NYE this year!
- The crew at Arthouse Dine are having a roving-arty-fun-stravaganza with sparkling and plenty of eats on arrival followed by a long table banquet with matching wines among the art. Get tix here.
- The Standard are seriously upping the value for money with three courses and an Aperol spritz on arrival for only $50! What the what?! Book your spot here. Or you can just stroll on in for a drink if you’re not a lock-things-in kinda person.
- The Guildford Hotel is getting all LA glam for their Midnight in Cali party. The Tanqueray Gin Garden Bar will be pouring gin cocktails, there’ll be nitro espresso martinis on tap as well as plenty of beer and wine, all alongside the In-N-Out Cheeseburger bar. Hello cheeseburger spring rolls! Tickets are $120 and are all inclusive. Get your tickets here.
- Rottnest is seriously turning it on this year with a pop-up food village, pool party and crap music disco party, fireworks over Thomson’s Bay and loads of free entertainment. Plus, ferries will be running well past midnight so no need to stress if you can’t get accommodation on the island. Get all the deets here.
- For the first time in years, Perth Cup will be held on NYE instead of 1 January so you can enjoy the festivities without the pounding headache from the night before. Get all the info here.
- The Garden, Bills Bar & Bites, Babushka and Blue Flamingo are joining forces to bring us Mardi Gras in Leederville. For $65, you can hop between the four venues which will all have plenty of delish BBQ and street food, drinks and entertainment going on. Get your tickets here.
- Halford is upping the ante with a flowing champagne tower at midnight. Heck yes. For $25 you’ll get a cocktail on arrival, prosecco at midnight and plenty of good beats to dance your way into 2017. Get tickets here.
- The Globe are putting on a pop-up Aperol Spritz garden as well as a live band and DJ to entertain you. There will also be plenty of their delish food, all for only $50! Get your tickets here.
- Whether you want an early dinner before going on to party elsewhere or you’d prefer a five-course degustation, The Trustee has you covered. If you’re not so worried about dinner, head to their Angel’s Cut Bar for DJ’s, dancing, drinks and canapes! Get your tickets here.
- Everyone’s favourite boat-bar Rodney’s Bait & Tackle will be kicking things off at 8pm with plenty of WA bands, food from local vendors, raffles, limbo, a balloon drop and more. Get all the details here.
- Print Hall will be transporting us to France with a Moulin Rouge themed extravaganza. There will be amazing performers plus champers, eats and dancing of course! Get all the info here.
- If Moulin Rouge doesn’t do it for you, head up to Bob’s Bar for Movie Stars Under The Stars—think photo booths, DJs and drink specials with plenty of eats to get you through to 2017. Book here.
- Embargo Bar is headed back to Elizabeth Quay so you can see in new year under the stars with some pretty speccy views on Perth. Tickets are selling fast so jump on this one quickly or you might miss out! If you’re more of New Year’s Day person you can wait it out and go to Embargo’s Block Party and get your hands on some great eats and drinks and listen to plenty of live music.
- Party like the Greeks this year with a feast at Brika, plus dancing and plate smashing of course! Get the details here.
- Wolf Lane are putting on a secret soiree or juice and jivin’. There’ll be cocktails, plenty of eats and DJ Philly Blunt on the decks so pop your dancing shoes on and get tickets here.
- The Urban Orchard AKA Bar Pop AKA the best outdoor bar in P-town will be celebrating with more bars, booze and food than ever before! Resident DJs will be spinning tunes all night long so head down and have a boogie. Get tickets here.
- If you’re after some freshly shucked oysters and champers head to Nic & Kolo for NYE this year. Their full a la carte menu will also be available, but you’ll want to book!
- Down at Strange Company there will be pop up bars hosted by the likes of West Wind Gins, Otherside Brewing Co and Aperol Spritz at Strange Company throughout the day and beats from the likes of Narnia, DJ T-King and DJ Dick Tracy. The doors open at midday so you can start the festivities early. Get all the details here.
- The Aviary are doing New Year’s Eve AND New Year’s Day in style so you can take your pick. NYE will see food stalls, a Pimp your Pimms Bar, DJ’s and live music and few other surprise. But if you’d prefer to wait, NYD sound spretty amazing with picnic stations, a beach hut cocktail bar and bloody marys galore. Get all the info here.
- If you’d prefer to be in Vegas this year but couldn’t quite get there, head to Young George for a night to remember. Get all the deets here.
- What could be more Perth than celebrating NYE overlooking the beach? Nothing. Head to The Shorehouse for a four-course dinner, bubbles and live music. Book your table here.
- If you want to stay by the beach but would prefer to get a bit rowdy, head to Coast for their NYE Beachhouse Party. For $25 you’ll get champagne on arrival and plenty of canapes plus heaps of live music and drinks specials all night. Get all the info here.
- If you’re looking for a more low-key kind of NYE, head to Il Lido for sunset apertivo followed by a seven-course banquet and dancing and prosecco when the clock strikes 12! Get info here.
- For a very demure NYE, head to Post in the State Buildings for canapes, a three-course set menu matched with wines and a glass of the good stuff at midnight—Tattinger to be precise. Find out more here.
- For $75 you can enjoy all the food and drinks you can handle at Defectors from 6:30-9pm AND you can watch the fireworks from their balcony. Get tix here.
- Yes, ok it’s not in Perth, but a NYE party list with no mention of Caves House would be blasphemous. If you happen to be down south for NYE this is the only place to be. End of story. Find the line-up here.
- Clarences are putting on some amazing drinks (including plenty of froz-ayy and Aperol spritz on tap!) heaps of delicious food and some good tunes so you can ring in the new year in style. Get more info here.
- The Rosemount are putting on a NYE Fiesta with a few different stages and a truck load of amazing bands, DJs and performers! Get your tickets here.
- There’ll be drinks and DJ’s to help you ring in 2017 at Sweetwater Rooftop Bar. The restaurant will also be open if you’d like to have a long lazy dinner! Get all the info here.
- Petition Beer Corner will be kicking off festivities at 7pm with hits from the 80s and 90s and a whole lot of drinks and bites. If you want to make the most of your night, have dinner at Petition Kitchen and your entry to the Beer Corner is free! Get all the info here.
Need some help picking and sticking to your resolutions? Check out how to do it here.
Image credit: Louise Coghill