If you thought Easter was going to be a bit dull this year, think again. You might not be able to take that trip or dance the night away at your favourite bars and clubs, but you can make an eggspresso martini—or should we say an eggspresso quarantini—from James Connelly (the man in charge of drinks at The Peach Pit, Market Grounds and Scarborough Beach Bar) and really, that’s almost as good.
Gather your tools and get ready to party, iso style.
- A chocolate egg
- 30ml Amaretto
- 30ml Vodka
- 15ml vanilla syrup
- Dash of whipping cream
- Double shot strong coffee (like Nespresso)
- Dash of salt
- Edible gold flakes (if you’re feelin’ eggstra)
- Sharp knife
- Clean medium sized jar (with a lid)
- Long spoon
- Ice cubes
- Small strainer/sieve
- Small funnel
- In your jar, add the vodka, amaretto, vanilla syrup, cream, coffee and a small pinch of salt.
- Fill the jar with ice, seal it up and shake for about 10 seconds.
- Using your sharp knife remove the top of the Easter egg being careful not to crack it.
- Strain in your liquid using a combination of the strainer (to remove ice) and funnel (to reduce spillage).
- Sprinkle some gold flakes on top to simulate a yolk.
- Consume responsibly, obvs.
If that all seems too hard for you, you can always buy the Easter egg and get a bottle of The Peach Pit’s espresso martini delivered to your door, complete with one of their epic burgers.
Image credit: Shot by Thom