Urban List x Kiehl’s 30 Faces Giveaway
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and the prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in The Urban List x Kiehl’s 30 Faces Giveaway promotion (“Promotion”) is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The Promoter is The Urban List Pty Ltd ATF The Urban List Trust (ABN 56 349 266 482).
3. The Promotion is open to all Australian residents aged 18 and over only.
4. Employees (and their immediate family and/or those living in the same household) of the Promoter, and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies and suppliers associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
How to Enter
5. The Promotion period commences at 9am AEST on Thursday 17th March 2022 and ends at 11:59pm Wednesday 13th April 2022. (“Promotional Period”).
6. To enter, individuals must complete and submit the entry form during the Promotional Period as hosted on the Promoter’s website via www.theurbanlist.com. Winners must vote for/nominate who they think should be the 30th Face by: (a) telling us in 100 words or less why the nominated person is a changemaker and should be the 30th Face; (b) linking to that person’s website and/or Instagram page. A completed and submitted entry from that meets the requirements set out in this clause 6 of these Terms and Conditions is a “Valid Entry” for the purposes of these Terms and Conditions.
7. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
Determining and Notifying the Winner
8. Selection of the winning Valid Entry (“Winning Entry”) will take place at the Sydney office of the Promoter, 8 Hill Street, Surry Hills, NSW, 2010 on Thursday 14th April 2022.
9. This competition will run as a Game of Skill. The Winning Entry will be decided based on the originality, creativity of the answer and contribution as a changemaker of the person nominated in the relevant Valid Entry.
10. Subject to clauses 14–16 of these Terms and Conditions, the Winning Entry will be awarded the following prizes (each as defined below in clause 16 of these terms and conditions) (each a “Prize”):
(a) the Major Prize will be awarded to the person nominated in the Winning Entry to be the “30th Face” (“30th Face”); and
(b) the Minor Prize will be awarded to the person who submitted the Winning Entry (“Winning Voter”).
11. Each person who submits a Valid Entry will be eligible for the Entrant Special Offer (as defined below in clause 16 of these terms and conditions).
12. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The Winning Voter and 30th Face (each a “Winner”) will each be notified via email or phone call on Thursday 14th April 2022 of the Promoter’s decision and the manner in which their respective Prizes may be accepted and claimed (to be determined by the Promoter in its sole discretion). The 30th Face will also be notified of these Terms and Conditions and that accepting a Prize will be taken to constitute acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
14. Acceptance by the 30th Face of a Prize will be taken to constitute acceptance in full of these Terms and Conditions as they apply to the 30th Face.
15. If for any reason either Winner does not acknowledge, accept and claim their respective Prize by Thursday 21st April 2022 both Prizes will be forfeited and another Winning Entry selected.
16. The Promoter will have no liability for a Winner's failure to receive notices due to a Winner’s spam, not checking Instagram DMs, junk email or other security settings or for a Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information.
17. The prize details are as below:
MAJOR PRIZE (30th Face):
1 x $1000AUD provided with the intention that this be put towards the 30th Face’s cause/purpose and continue contributing to a ‘Future Made Better’.
MINOR PRIZE (Winning Voter)
1 x Year’s Supply of Kiehl’s (valued at up to $3,174AUD)
ENTRANT SPECIAL OFFER (ALL ENTRANTS):
● 1 x Kiehl’s 5-piece gift set featuring 5 deluxe samples of our best sellers (with any spend of $50AUD or more sitewide):
▪ Ultra Facial Cream 7ml, Rare Earth Masque 14ml, Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution 4ml, Retinol Micro-Dose Serum 4ml, Calendula Toner 40ml
▪ Valued over RRP$45 ($47.16)
▪ With any spend of $50 or more sitewide
▪ Code: URBANLIST5
TOTAL PRIZE POOL: Up to $4174AUD
15. Prize terms and conditions:
● Anything not listed in the above prize details and value is not part of the prizing.
● Prizing cannot be negotiated or traded in for something else.
16. Without limiting the above, the Winners agree to participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) in connection with the Promotion and/ or the winning of the Prize (as reasonably requested by L’Oréal Australia Pty Ltd ABN 40 004 191 673 by its brand Kiehl’s (“Kiehl’s”) free of charge, and agree to sign any additional documents reasonably required by Kiehl’s to give effect to this condition. Subject to law, the Winners must consent to use their names, likeness, images and/or voices (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without further notification, remuneration or compensation for the purpose of promoting, publicising or marketing the Promotion (including any outcome), or undertaking the Prize.
17. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify by any reasonable means, including requesting further information from entrants or conducting independent checks, the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence), and to disqualify entrants in the absence of adequate information or cooperation from entrants to support such verification.
18. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
19. If either Winner is under the age of 18 years, both Prizes will be forfeited and another Winning Entry selected.
18. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster or Covid-19, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, or suspend or modify a prize. The Promoter reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Promotion without notice.
19. By accepting a Prize, the Winners and their guests give permission to the Promoter to document their image and use that documentation in promotional campaigns including but not limited to social media, email, editorial, advertorial, website content and additional video platforms.
20. As a condition of entering the Promotion, each entrant licenses and grants the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Entrants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights.
21. As a condition of accepting a Prize, each Winner must sign any legal documentation in the form required by the Promoter, and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
22. The 30th Face agrees to participate in a photoshoot and interview for 1 x article to be shared across the Promoter’s channels within the relevant campaign period (as determined by Promoter).
23. Entrants agree to have their email address added to the Promoter’s email list.
24. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies, or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; death or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
26. All entries become the property of the Promoter.