‘Win The Ultimate Post-Lockdown Staycation’ Promotion
URBAN LIST’S ‘WIN THE ULTIMATE POST-LOCKDOWN STAYCATION FOR YOU AND A MATE, AND YOUR FURRY FRIEND THANKS TO SHEEP DOG’ PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and the prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in THE URBAN LIST in ‘WIN the ultimate post-lockdown treat staycation for you and a mate, and your furry friend thanks to Sheep Dog’ (“Promotion”) is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The Promoter is The Urban List Pty Ltd ATF The Urban List Trust (ABN 56 349 266 482).
3. The Promotion is open to all Australian residents, living in New South Wales and Victoria, aged 18 and over. This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or in association with, Instagram.
4. Employees (and their immediate family and/or those living in the same household) of the Promoter, and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies and suppliers associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
5. Rights for alcohol prizes will not be distributed by or to any person under 18, nor can a person under 18 dispense or collect an alcohol prize. Entrants will be refused service of alcohol or provision of an alcoholic beverage prize if it would breach any relevant laws or codes including those relating to the responsible service of alcohol. The Promoter supports the responsible service of alcohol.
How to Enter
6. The Promotion period commences from 1:00PM AEST on Friday 20th August 2021 and ends at 4:00PM AEST on Friday 3rd September 2021. (“Promotional Period”).
7. To enter, individuals must comment and tag a friend on the competition entry post (Competition Post) hosted on @urbanlist Instagram accounts, and be following @urbanlistsyd, @urbanlistmelb and @sheepdogau.
Determining and Notifying the Winner
8. Selection of the winners will take place at the Sydney office of the Promoter, 8 Hill Street, Surry Hills, NSW, 2010 at 10:00am AEST on Monday 6th September 2021.
9. This competition will run as a Game of Chance. One (1) entry per city will be selected for the Prize via an online number generator.
10. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. Late, incomplete, indecipherable, discriminatory or otherwise offensive entries will be deemed invalid and may be disqualified.
12. The winners will be notified via comment reply, on Monday 6th September 2021. The winner must acknowledge acceptance of and claim their Prize by replying to the e-mail stipulated with details requested, including Proof of Age. This must be received by the Promoter no later than 5:00PM AEST Thursday 9th September 2021.
13. If for any reason a winner does not acknowledge, accept and claim their Prize by 5:00PM AEST Thursday 9th September 2021, the Prize will be forfeited and another winner selected.
14. The Promoter will have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winner’s spam, junk email or other security, or notification settings or for a winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information.
15. Prize includes twelve (12) bottles of Sheep Dog Whiskey for each winner, including a gift voucher for a 2 night stay at selected Ovolo hotels for 2 people, in dog friendly rooms. This prizing is for each winner, not a combined prize. Individual total prize value $1,410 AUD. Total prize value $2,820 AUD.
16. Prizes will not be distributed by or to any person under 18, nor can a person under 18 dispense or collect an alcohol prize. Entrants will be refused service of alcohol or provision of an alcoholic beverage prize if it would breach any relevant laws or codes including those relating to the responsible service of alcohol. The Promoter supports the responsible service of alcohol.
17. Prize terms and conditions:
- Combined prize value of twelve (12) bottles of Sheep Dog Whiskey and Ovolo gift voucher, per winner is $1,410 AUD.
- The prize will be delivered to each winner by post with twelve (12) bottles. Value of $660 AUD per winner. Total value $1,320 AUD.
- The selected winners will each receive a Ovolo gift voucher for 2 night accommodation for 2 people, at the following dog-friendly hotels:
- For Sydney winner: Ovolo 1888 https://ovolohotels.com/ovolo/1888darlingharbour/
- For Melbourne winner: Ovolo South Yarra https://ovolohotels.com/ovolo/south-yarra/
- Total Value of $750 AUD per city. Total value $1,500 AUD.
- This Prize does not include commuting to and from accommodation.
- This Prize will be subject to the conditions supplied at time of prize redemption.
- This Prize cannot be exchanged for goods or cash, nor can it be sold to any other person, and is non-transferrable. The Prize or any unused portion of a Prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- If a Prize (or part thereof) is unavailable at the time of the selection of the Prize winner, the Promoter will supply the winner with a similar prize of equivalent value (as determined by the Promoter).
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
18. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence).
19. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
20.If a winner of the Prize is under the age of 18 years or the winners’ shipping address not within New South Wales or Victoria, the Prize will be forfeited by that entrant, and a redraw will occur.
21. The Promoter supports the responsible service of alcohol and encourages consumers to enjoy alcohol responsibly. Entrants will be refused service of alcohol or provision of an alcohol beverage if it would breach any laws, codes or policies including those of the relevant liquor licensee relating to the responsible service of alcohol. Legal aged consumers are advised to consider the safe drinking levels recommended in the National Health and Medical Research Council Australian Guidelines to Reduce Health Risks from Drinking Alcohol. A full version of these Guidelines is available at https://nhmrc.gov.au/aboutus/publications/australian-guidelines-reduce-health-risks-drinking-alcohol.
Please refer to the GL4001 ‘Liquor promotion guidelines’ and GL4003 ‘Intoxication guidelines’ at liquorandgaming.justice.nsw.gov.au
22. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, or suspend or modify a prize.
23. The Promoter reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Promotion without notice.
24. By accepting the prize, the winner and their guests give permission to the Promoter to document their image and use that documentation in promotional campaigns including but not limited to social media, email, editorial, advertorial, website content and additional video platforms.
25. As a condition of entering the Promotion, each entrant licenses and grants the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Entrants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights.
26. As a condition of accepting the Prize, each winner must sign any legal documentation in the form required by the Promoter, and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
27. Entrants agree to have their email address added to the Promoter’s email list.
28. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies, or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
30. All entries become the property of the Promoter.