URBAN LIST’S “CROWN SILKS” PROMOTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and the prize form part of these Terms and Conditions.
Participation in Crown Silks promotion (“Promotion”) is deemed acceptance of these
Terms and Conditions.
2. The Promoter is The Urban List Pty Ltd ATF The Urban List Trust (ABN 56 349 266
3. The Promotion is open to all Australian residents aged 18 and over.
4. Employees (and their immediate family and/or those living in the same household)
of the Promoter, and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies and suppliers
associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any
of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether
natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle,
aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
How to Enter
5. The Promotion period commences at 5:00pm WST on Tuesday 22nd October 2019
and ends at 11:59pm WST on Tuesday 29th October 2019 (“Promotional Period”).
6. To enter, individuals must complete the following steps during the Promotional
Period: Complete the instructions for entry as hosted on the Promoter’s Instagram
7. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
Determining and Notifying the Winner
8. The judging will take place at the Melbourne office of the Promoter, 66-68 Cubitt
Street, Cremorne, VIC at 2:00pm AEST on Friday 11 th October 2019.
9. The Promoter’s panel of judges will determine the winner at random using an online
random number generator to select a corresponding entrant.
10. One (1) entry will be selected for the Major Prize. The judge may select additional
reserve entry, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant.
11. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. The winner’s will be notified via Instagram, on Friday 11 th October 2019. The
winner’s must acknowledge acceptance of and claim their Prize by replying to this e-
mail with details requested. This must be received by the Promoter no later than
12.00pm WST on Friday 18 th October 2019.
13. If for any reason a winner does not acknowledge accept of and claim their Prize by
12.00pm WST on Friday 18 th October 2019. The Prize will be forfeited and another
14. The Promoter will have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to
winner’s spam, junk email or other security settings or for a winner’s provision of
incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information.
15. The one (1) winner of the Prize, will receive:
- Yum Cha lunch for x3 people
In total the Prize is valued at $200 AUD
Prize terms and conditions:
All Prize redemptions are subject to availability and venue capacity.
This Prize cannot be exchanged for goods or cash, nor can it be sold to any other
person, and is non-transferrable. Prizes or any unused portion of a Prize, are not
transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
The winner is solely responsible for any additional travel expenses associated with
the Prize experience.
All additional meals, beverages, tips or any other extras not stated in the Prize
description are the sole responsibility of the winner.
If a Prize (or part thereof) is unavailable at the time of the selection of the Prize
winner, the Promoter will supply the winner with a similar prize of equivalent value
(as determined by the Promoter).
16. Crown Silks will be informed of the winning entry and the winner’s details.
17. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and
entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence).
18. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual
who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and
Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other
improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the
promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion.
Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute
a waiver of those rights.
19. If a winner of the Prize is under the age of 18 years, the Prize will be forfeited by
that entrant, and the next best entry will be awarded.
20. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter
reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, or
suspend or modify a prize.
21. By attending the Prize event, all winners and their guests give permission to the
Promoter to document their image and use that documentation in promotional
campaigns including but not limited to social media, email, editorial, advertorial,
website content and additional video platforms.
22. As a condition of entering the Promotion, each entrant licenses and grants the
Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual,
worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt,
publish and display their entry (which shall include Content) for any purpose,
including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in
any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
Entrants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use and warrant that
they have the full authority to grant these rights.
23. As a condition of accepting the Prize, each winner must sign any legal
documentation in the form required by the Promoter, and/or prize suppliers in their
absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
24. Entrants agree to have their email address added to the Promoter’s email list.
25. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies, or purports to
limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the
Competition and Consumer Act, (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any
liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees,
the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all
liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage
(including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential,
arising in any way out of the Promotion.
26. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion and
may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not
limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to
Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information.
The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use this
information, and disclose this information to third parties, including but not limited
to Crown Silks for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling
purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant.
Entrants should direct any request to opt out, access, update or correct personal
27. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
28. The Promoter encourages consumers to enjoy alcohol responsibly. Legal aged
consumers are advised to consider the safe drinking levels recommended in the
National Health & Medical Research Council Australian Alcohol Guidelines that are
available at www.nhmrc.gov.au/publications/synopses/ds10syn.htm.