“THE URBAN LIST – DESTINATION CANADA” PROMOTION
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in The Urban List & Destination Canada promotion – promotion (“Promotion”) is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. This Promotion is open to all Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, and Perth residents aged 18+. By entering, each entrant agrees to receive offers and promotions from the Promoter (The Urban List) and Destination Canada.
3. Employees (and their immediate family and/or those living in the same household) of the Promoter, Destination Canada, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies and suppliers associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. The promotion commences at 10:00am AEST on Monday 11th September 2017 and ends at 11.59pm AEST on Friday 22nd September 2017 (“Promotional Period”).
5. To enter, individuals must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
- Complete all of the fields in the entry survey hosted by The Urban List
6. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
7. The judging will take place at the Promoter, Level 4, 8 Hill Street, Surry Hills, NSW 2010 on Monday 25th September 2017 commencing at 11.00am AEST.
8. One (1) valid entry will be selected for the Major Prize. The Promoter may select an additional reserve entry, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant.
9. The winner will be selected at random by a game of chance.
10. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. Major Prize: The winner will receive the Major Prize. The Major Prize includes:
a) Flight Centre Voucher (GST Inc.) valued at $750 AUD.
In total, the prize is valued at $750 AUD.
12. Prize terms and conditions:
- Prize is valid for one adult only (must be aged 18 or over).
- Prize is non-refundable and may not be transferred for cash or any other goods or services, with any unused portions forfeited.
13. The winner will be notified via e-mail, on Monday 25th September 2017. The winner must acknowledge acceptance of and claim their prize by replying to this e-mail with details requested. This must be received by the Promoter no later than 12.00pm AEST on Friday 29th September 2017.
14. Where the prize winner is not able to redeem any part of the Major Prize due to physical inability or incapacity, poor weather or any other circumstances beyond Destination Canada’s or the Promoter’s reasonable control, then the prize (or part thereof) will be forfeited and will not be redeemable for cash, or other prize, goods or services.
15. If for any reason a winner does not acknowledge accept of and claim their prize by 12.00pm AEST on Friday 29th September 2017, the prize will be forfeited and another winner selected.
16. The Promoter shall have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winner’s spam, junk email or other security settings or for a winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information.
18. The Promoter and Destination Canada reserve the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence).
19. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
20. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter and Destination Canada reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
21. If a winner of a prize is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be forfeited by that entrant, and the next best entry will be awarded.
22. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
23. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter and/or Destination Canada reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, or suspend or modify a prize.
24. As a condition of entering this promotion, each entrant licenses and grants the Promoter and Destination Canada, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (which shall include Content) for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Entrants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights.
25. As a condition of accepting a prize, each winner must sign any legal documentation in the form required by the Promoter, Destination Canada and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
26. Entrants consent to the Promoter and Destination Canada using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter or Destination Canada. Entrants also consent to being contacted by the Promoter and/or Destination Canada to discuss the possibility of further promotional activity on social media pertaining to this promotion (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same)
27. Entrants agree to have their email address added to the Promoter’s and Destination Canada’s email lists.
28. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and/or Destination Canada, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
29. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies, or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Australian Consumer Law and Fair Trading Act 2012 (Vic), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act 2001 (Cth) or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
30. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter and Destination Canada (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) taking/use of and/or participation in a prize.
32. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
33. Destination Canada is a Crown corporation wholly owned by the Government of Canada. They use data-driven marketing strategies to stimulate international demand and tourism export revenue for Canada in 11 countries: Australia, Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, the UK and the USA.
Campaigns are targeted to reflect individual market conditions and traveller interests. In collaboration with tourism industry partners, Destination Canada promote Canada internationally as a premier four-season tourism destination.
34. The Promoter is Urban List Pty Ltd (ABN 56 349 266 482), Level 4, 8 Hill Street, Surry Hills, NSW 2010.