The Urban List’s “Visa Wellington On A Plate” Promotion
THE URBAN LIST’S “VISA WELLINGTON ON A PLATE” PROMOTION
Terms and conditions
1. Information on how to enter and the Prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in Visa Wellington on a Plate promotion (“Promotion”) is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The Promoter is The Urban List Pty Ltd ATF The Urban List NZ Trust (ABN 94 135 025 341) of 93 Commercial Road, Newstead QLD 4006.
3. The Promotion is open to all New Zealand residents aged 18 and over.
4. You must be a Visa cardholder to enter.
5. Employees (and their immediate family and/or those living in the same household) of the Promoter, and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies and suppliers associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
How to Enter
6. The Promotion commences at 9:00am NZT on Friday 20th July 2018 and ends at 12:00pm NZT on Sunday 29th July 2018 (“Promotional Period”).
7. To enter, individuals must complete the entry form during the Promotional Period on the following website https://www.theurbanlist.com/visa-wellington-on-a-plate-competition.
8. Entrants may only enter the Promotion once.
9. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
10. Neither the Promoter nor any entity associated with the Promotion will be responsible for any late, lost, misdirected, corrupted, illegible or incorrectly submitted entries.
Determining and Notifying the Winner
11. The Promotor will determine the winner based on a random draw.
12. The draw will take place at the Auckland office of the Promoter, 11 Blake Street, Auckland at 12:00pm NZT on Monday 30th July 2018.
13. One (1) entry will be selected for the Prize. The Promoter may select an additional reserve entry, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn as the winner.The winner will be notified via e-mail, by Tuesday 31st July 2018. The winner must acknowledge acceptance of and claim their prize by replying to this e-mail with the details requested. This must be received by the Promoter no later than 5.00pm NZT on Friday 3rd August 2018.
14. If for any reason a winner does not acknowledge acceptance of and claim their prize by 5.00pm NZT on Friday 3rd August 2018, the Prize will be forfeited and another winner selected.
15. If a winner cannot accept or take part in the Prize for any reason, their prize will be void and no compensation will be payable.
16. If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned prior to a winner being selected, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
17. The Promoter will bear no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winner’s spam, junk email or other security settings or for a winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information.
18. The one (1) winner of the Prize, will receive:
- Economy return flights for two people to Wellington from the winner and prize participant’s closest NZ domestic airport.
- Airport transfers in Wellington (from airport to accommodation and return)
- Two (2) night’s stay for two people (one room) at Grand Mercure, Wellington
- Five Boroughs voucher, which entitles the winner to 2x festival dishes and 2x cocktails (value $100 NZD approx.)
- Ombra voucher, which entitles the winner to 2 x burgers and 2 x cocktails. (value $100 NZD approx.)
- 2x tickets to Boogie and A Burger
- 2x tickets to Mad Hatter's Tea Party With A Twist
- VWOAP goodie bag (contents valued up to $100 NZD)
The total prize is valued at $2000 NZD
19. Prize terms and conditions:
- The Prize may only be used during Visa Wellington On a Plate period (10-26 August 2018).
- All Prize redemptions are subject to availability where redemption requires a booking. Should the winner’s first choice of dates be unavailable, alternative dates will need to be selected.
- This Prize cannot be exchanged for goods or cash, nor can it be sold to any other person, and is non-transferrable. Prizes or any unused portion of a Prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- The winner is solely responsible for any and all travel expenses to and from the Prize experience.
- All additional meals, beverages, tips or any other extras not stated in the Prize description are the sole responsibility of the winner and the prize participant.
- If a Prize (or part thereof) becomes unavailable for any reason beyond the Promoter’s control after the winner has been selected, the Promoter will supply the winner with a similar prize of equivalent value (as determined by the Promoter in its sole discretion).
20. The Promotion is hosted by the Promoter, with prizes sponsored by Visa Inc.
21. Visa will be informed of the winning entry and the winner’s details.
22. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence).
23. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to disallow entries in its absolute discretion and without giving reasons.
25. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
26. All decisions made by the Promoter are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
27. If a winner of the Prize is under the age of 18 years, the Prize will be forfeited by that entrant
28. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, or suspend or modify a prize, at any time and in its sole discretion.
29. By attending the Prize event, the winner and prize participant give permission to the Promoter to document their image and use that documentation in promotional campaigns including but not limited to social media, email, editorial, advertorial, website content and additional video platforms. The ensuing copyright will vest with the Promoter, without any claim to compensation from the entrants.
30. The winner and prize participant agree that they will comply with all instructions given by the employees of the Promoter and other agencies associated with this Promotion and agree not to do anything that may bring the Promoter into disrepute.
31. As a condition of accepting the Prize, the winner and prize participant agree that they may be required to sign legal documentation in the form provided by the Promoter, and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
32. Entrants agree to have their email address added to the Promoter’s email list for the purpose of receiving communication from the Promoter.
33. If the Promotion is not able to operate as anticipated for any reason, the Promoter may amend, suspend or cancel any aspect of the Promotion (including any prize) at any time in its sole discretion.
34. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies, or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
35. To the extent permissible by law, Visa’s liability in relation to the Promotion is excluded.
36. As a condition of participating in the prize, the winner and prize participant indemnify the Promoter, all organisers, sponsors and all other persons and organisations associated in any way with this Promotion against all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including costs on a solicitor-client basis) which the winner or prize participant may incur arising out of their participation in the promotion and/or participating in the prize, howsoever caused.
38. All entries become the property and copyright of the Promoter, without any claim to compensation from the entrants.
39. The Promoter encourages consumers to enjoy alcohol responsibly. Legal aged consumers are advised to consider the safe drinking levels recommended by the Alcohol Advisory Council of New Zealand (ALAC) and Ministry of Health NZ that are available at https://www.health.govt.nz/your-health/healthy-living/addictions/alcohol-and-drug-abuse/alcohol.