CityCycle Competition Terms And Conditions
“CityCycle 2018” PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Competition open to all Brisbane residents aged 17+
3. Employees (and their immediate family and/or those living in the same household) of the Promoter, JCDecaux CityCycle Australia Pty Ltd and The Urban List and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies and suppliers associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. The promotion commences at 10am on Thursday 1 March 2018 and ends at 11.59pm on Thursday 22nd March 2018 (“Promotional Period”).
5. To enter, individuals must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
Enter their details in all required fields of the competition entry form, hosted on The Urban List Brisbane website.
By entering, entrants are affording JCDecaux CityCycle Australia Pty Ltd and The Urban List permission to send updates, information and offers via email post promotion.
6. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
7. The winner selection will take place at Urban List Pty Ltd, Studio 41, 8 Hill Street, Surry Hills NSW 2010 on Friday 23 March 2018 commencing at 11am.
8. One (1) entry will be selected for the prize. The judge may select additional reserve entry, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant.
9. Winner will be selected at random. This is a game of chance and skill plays no part in determining the winner.
10. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. Prize: The one (1) winner, will win an adventure pack including:
*BOSE - SOUNDLINK REVOLVE BLACK 446056 299.00 (SPEAKER)
*BOSE - QUIETCOMFORT 35 II BLACK 505852 499.00 (HEADPHONES)
*SAMSUNG GEAR SPORT – BLACK 552065 499.00 (SAMSUNG SMART WATCH)
*DJI - SPARK DRONE ALPINE WHITE COMBO 720999 939.00 (SELFIE DRONE)
*GOPRO - HERO 6 BLACK 916666 599.00 (GOPRO)
Valued at $2835
* Story Bridge Climb: http://www.sbac.net.au/
Two (2) x StoryBridge Day Climbs
Valued at $258
Two (2) x Day Kayak Tour
Valued at $98
Total prize valued up to $3,209
12. Prize terms and conditions:
Prize remains subject to availability and is valid for two (2) adults only (both adults must be aged 18 or over).
The prize must be accepted by Monday 26 March 2018.
This prize is non-redeemable (for cash), and non-transferable.
The vouchers must be redeemed by 08/08/18
Prize is non-refundable and may not be transferred for cash or any other services, with any unused portions forfeited.
The winner and his/her guest are solely responsible for selecting and attending any events or destinations of their choice that are not included in the itinerary.
The winner and his/her guest are solely responsible for all other meals and expenses not specifically set forth herein.
The winner and his/her guest will need to make their own arrangements for transport not specified in the prize and are solely responsible for any associated costs.
13. The winner will be notified via e-mail, on Friday 23 March 2018 by 5.30pm. The winner must acknowledge acceptance of and claim their prize by replying to this e-mail with details requested. This must be received by The Urban List Sydney no later than 12pm on Tuesday 27 March 2018.
14. If for any reason a winner does not acknowledge accept of and claim their prize by 12pm on Wednesday 28 March 2018, the prize will be forfeited and a new winner will be selected.
15. The Urban List shall have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winner’s spam, junk email or other security settings or for a winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information.
16. The winner’s contact details will be provided to JCDecaux CityCycle Australia Pty Ltd who will provide offers and promotions communications.
17. The Promoter, JCDecaux CityCycle Australia Pty Ltd and The Urban List reserve the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence).
18. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
19. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter and JCDecaux CityCycle Australia Pty Ltd reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
20. If a winner of a prize is under the age of 17 years, the prize will be forfeited by that entrant, and the next best entry will be awarded.
21. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash
22. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter and/or JCDecaux CityCycle Australia Pty Ltd reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, or suspend or modify a prize.
23. As a condition of entering this promotion, each entrant licenses and grants the Promoter and JCDecaux CityCycle Australia Pty Ltd, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (which shall include Content) for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Entrants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights.
24. As a condition of accepting a prize, each winner must sign any legal documentation in the form required by the Promoter, JCDecaux CityCycle Australia Pty Ltd and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
25. Entrants consent to the Promoter and JCDecaux CityCycle Australia Pty Ltd using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter or JCDecaux CityCycle Australia Pty Ltd. Entrants also consent to being contacted by the Promoter and/or JCDecaux CityCycle Australia Pty Ltd to discuss the possibility of further promotional activity on social media pertaining to this promotion (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same)
26. Entrants agree to have their email address added to The Urban List and JCDecaux CityCycle Australia Pty Ltd email lists.
27. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and/or JCDecaux CityCycle Australia Pty Ltd , including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
28. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies, or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
29. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter and JCDecaux CityCycle Australia Pty Ltd (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) taking/use of and/or participation in a prize.
31. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
32. The Promoter is Urban List Pty Ltd (ABN 56 349 266 482), Studio 41, 8 Hill Street, Surry Hills, NSW 2010.